my wish | toshinori yagi fluff

prompt: (Y/n) is a nurse, and the number one hero stops by to see the children

warning: none

word count: 757

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

Bittersweet was the word to describe your job. It was bitter in the sense that the children you took care of were terminally ill but sweet in the sense that you made them smile any chance you found. You treasured their innocent smiles and the spirit-lifting sound of their laughter brought you so much joy. On the other hand, it broke your heart to have to assist in administering treatments that clearly frightened them. Any chance you could, you were sure to hold their hand and tell them everything was going to be okay.

"I don't know how you managed to pull this off, (L/n)," Your co-worker stated proudly as her eyes gazed across the hospital recovery room. You grinned.

"I am extremely persistent," You placed your hands on your hips proudly.

"I think the more accurate term is stubborn," She corrected you with a smirk. You were honestly pretty shocked that the number one hero was available, let alone willing to come by. It was rare, but when heroes would visit sick kids, those kids were always thrilled. In fact, those of them that were able to, jumped and shouted in excitement at the thought of getting to meet their idol, All Might. You suspected that the hero got the same satisfying joy you did when those children smiled so wide. You'd do anything for those kids.

You watched with pride and cheer as the kids that weren't bed-ridden gathered around their favorite hero. It made your heart swell to see them so happy as they asked countless questions, begged to hear him tell stories of his most popular missions, and exclaimed about how he was the greatest hero ever. Your co-worker suddenly nudged you to get your attention.

"He keeps looking at you," She pointed out, a suspiciously playful tone to her voice. You shook your head.

"Shut up," You told her, unable to shake a grin. "You're seeing things."

"I think he's seeing somethin' if you know what I mean," Your co-worker joked, poking you once again. She liked to tease you, clearly.

"Stop it, you're horrible." You tried to realign your mind on your responsibilities, not the nonsense of your friend. She must have been hallucinating, right? No way the number one hero would ever check you out. That was impossible... wasn't it? Part of you, deep down, hoped it was true. However, you attempted to ignore the small butterflies you felt.

The day was winding down, and the children were growing sleepy. They thanked All Might for coming and waved goodbye to their hero. He left the room and you followed. You approached him and carefully touched his arm.

"Excuse me, can I ask you to sign a few papers before you go?" You requested with a smile.

"Of course!" He quickly answered. Relived it wouldn't be any trouble, you gathered the papers from behind the front desk.

"I was actually supposed to have you sign these before you saw the kids," You confessed with an embarrassed laugh. "But, I  guess I got a little excited." He laughed along with you, but not to make fun of you.

"I can imagine why, they looked so happy!" Something about his smile and his laughter was just so contagious.

"It's not often we get to see their faces light up like that," You remarked with a shrug. "But that just makes it even more special I suppose." You handed him the paperwork as well as a pen. As you passed him the items, you felt his fingers gingerly brush yours. Heat rushed to your face, and it seemed the same happened to him. You could see the remnants of a scarlet hue adorn his cheeks. You watched as he quickly scrawled his name onto the paper and handed them back to you.

"Thanks," You said gratefully. "It was a real pleasure to get to meet you."

"The pleasure was all mine!" He instantly responded with enthusiasm. "You seem like a very wonderful woman, I-I would love to get to know you more. I-If you'd like, that is!"

"Yes!" You almost exclaimed. "Er--uh, I mean, that would be great." You laughed nervously. You quickly jotted down your phone number on a sticky note behind the front desk. You felt thrilled yet nervous as he took the note, holding it cheerfully with that smile of his. A strange haze overtook you as he left. Your mind struggled to wrap itself around what just happened. It felt like a dream, really. Was it a dream? A fever-induced hallucination? Perhaps.

You would just have to wait for him to call you.