the world is ugly | kai chisaki angst

prompt: the world is ugly

warning: strong language, very sad things, drama, etc.

word count: 1089

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

Everyone has something they simply cannot live without. Technically, there are a handful of things human beings physically could not survive without. However, there are things that some people care about so much, they wouldn't find worth in living without it. Villains, just like the heroes, have these things as well. For Kai Chisaki, the infamous Overhaul has something--rather someone--he loves, as surprising as it seems. You were the thing he didn't wish to live without.

You were with him of your own volition, and you would not have it any other way. Chisaki was good to you, sometimes you felt like he was a little too good to you, but nonetheless. It seemed as though your souls were cut from the same cloth, and you fit together perfectly like puzzle pieces. Without you by his side, Chisaki felt incomplete.

You were all too familiar with Chisaki's line of work, and you supported him completely. On occasion, you would even volunteer to work alongside your lover. Although you had no quirk, you proved yourself to be very useful in more than one area. You would go through hell to be with him, and he knew that. He was very thankful for your loyalty.

You were with him through any and everything, which at first he found odd. Chisaki always assumed love was a childish feeling, and only for someone looking for something to gain. You never asked for anything but his love in return, which he happily gave to you and only to you.

The world was corrupt, sick, and frankly ugly. Chisaki knew this all too well, but every time he would see your bright smile he thought that maybe not everything in this world was ugly. Inside and out, Chisaki thought you were absolutely beautiful. Every scar he saw as a symbol of your strength and every flaw a representation of your pure humanity. There was nothing he wanted, desired, cared about, or cherished as much as you. Everything about yourself he loved with almost pride.

Chisaki wanted to spend the rest of his life with you, and if he had any control it would end right beside you as well. You were his everything, and he wanted to be your everything. He never considered himself a weak person, but when it came to you he fell every time. Nothing would ever mean to him more than you mean to him. He wanted all of you, truly; Chisaki craved your attention, your touch, your words--your love.

You waited silently in the place you called home now. You knew Chisaki would be whatever was necessary to keep you in his life. At the moment, what was necessary was keeping you away from him for the time being. You hated not being able to see him, or hear his voice, or feel his arms around you after a long day. Chisaki needed you alive, although he felt he needed you beside him as well. He would sacrifice moments together in the present to ensure a lifetime together in the future.

Chisaki was finding it harder and harder to focus with every passing day. He would get to see you soon, though in secret and not for every long. His work seemed duller without your witty input. He knew his cause was just and he had to fulfill his goals, but without you, it began to feel less and less worth it. Chisaki had to remind himself that he had to cleanse the world for you, and people like you. This gave him more motivation, but he counted the very seconds until he could see you again.

You looked around the corner to see the man you had been waiting months to see again. Chisaki didn't hesitate to scoop you up in his arms upon seeing your beautiful face again. Finally, with him holding you tight, he felt that blissful feeling of contentment once again. It didn't matter to him the fact that you were in an abandoned warehouse no doubt crawling with vermin and bugs. Chisaki finally had you back and every single thought he had was consumed by you, the one he loved. Without a second thought, he pulled you ever closer to put his lips on yours.

"I missed you so much," Chisaki muttered, holding your face in his hands.

"I missed you more, I promise," You said with a smile, your forehead resting against his. You heard the sweet sound of Chisaki chuckle before he kissed you again. You knew saying goodbye again would be even harder than the first time, but you couldn't help the overwhelming happiness you felt. You truly loved him. You clutched him tight, afraid if you were to let go he would slip away again. Suddenly, there was a loud crash.

By some unfortunate mistake, you weren't alone in the decaying building. A group of several heroes set up an ambush. If Chisaki were to fight back, it would only put you at even more of a risk. There were maybe ten heroes, all more than capable of restraining and hurting you to get Chisaki to turn himself in. And that is exactly what happened. The heroes threatened your life, which they had in their hands due to the outnumbered situation.

"Come peacefully or she dies!" The tears escaped from your eyes as two heroes roughly held you by the arms and hair, forcing you onto your knees. Deep down, you didn't want Chisaki to trade himself for you. Chances were, he might just be able to escape but there was no chance he would be able to take you with him. He knew the heroes would only use you to get to him after that--maybe even torture you for information... Chisaki couldn't let that happen. To hell with whatever was going to happen to him.

"Let her go," Chisaki raised his hands into the air carefully, signifying his surrender. The two heroes let go of you and went to assist the others in properly restraining Overhaul. You bolted to your feet and ran to him. You almost got there too, but you were held back. You struggled against the heroes and Chisaki felt tears pull at his eyes from the sight. You reached out your hand, and your fingers just brushed his own.

"Kai!" You cried out as you were pulled away. It wasn't long before you were completely out of the building and being restrained on the street. Rain began to fall from the sky. You remembered the last thing Chisaki managed to whisper to you before you were taken away.

"I love you."