Chapter two

The Big Game

We had to sit through the other match between the Fairies and Elves, the Fairies won by a mile then it was the match between the Vampires and the Elves and the Vampires won that one so they had sorted out 3rd and 4th place now it was time for the grand final.

Shape-Shifters vs. Fairies. It was the first time in years that the Fairies had been in the grand final. It was pretty much the same as the match between the Shape-Shifters and the Vampires. But when it was my turn to bat about half way through the first inning for us and there was a loud bang and no-one had enough time to react before I collapsed I had been shot in the left side of my stomach and my knees had given way so I was on the floor but within seconds of me starting to fall Luna, Sookie and Sky were at my side trying to stop the bleeding with Quinn's shirt which he had handed Sookie before she came running to my side. Black spots were clouding my vision and all I could see was my 3 best friends faces and my boyfriend were hovering close behind them and all I could hear was people trying to see if I was OK or teachers and the school nurses from the sick bay trying to get through the crowd around me, then Hunter flipped and yelled "Everyone besides me, Luna, Sky, Sookie, Quinn, Auby, Annabelle, Abby and any teachers who are going to help Dixie get out of here!" Sky, Sookie, Luna and Quinn growled in agreement. I heard shuffling of feet..... And that was darkness engulfed me.

When I woke up, only my 3 Shape-Shifter best friends were there they were talking to each other when I opened my eyes and they stopped talking and asked me how I felt. I kept telling them I felt fine they just said it was because of the pain killers. When I asked where the others were? They said that the doctor and the nurses would only let them in.

"So who won?" I asked trying to change the forces from me.

"We didn't carry on because you were shot and guess what kind of bullet that was?" asked Sookie looking kind of annoyed

"Um I don't know what kind of bullet?" I replied

"A silver bullet and they found the human that shot you. Humans are so stupid silver bullets only work on WEREWOLVES do we look like werewolves to them no cause we can change whenever we want and we don't have to change on the full moon." said Sookie (well she almost yelled it actually).

That was when the nurse came in to check on me she said that I only had to be here for 2 more days then I could go back to my dorm (Yay for accelerated healing).

About 2 days later, I could go home and as soon as I got into my room I was bombarded by my friends and boyfriend. It was all almost a bit too much that I had to tell them I need to sit down before I faint.

"So when are we going to celebrate?" asked Abby to Sookie

"What are we celebrating?" I asked

"Soon, Abby. Maybe on Saturday night? And we are celebrating you coming back to your home and don't tell us not too cause everyone in the entire school is involved even the teachers, so there." said Sookie sticking her tongue out at me.

"YAY PARTY!" yelled Annabelle and Auby.

"Oh, great" I mumbled into Hunter's chest as I got up to give him a hug. He kissed me on the head and then mumbled into my hair "It won't be that bad besides if you don't have to dance if you don't want to,"

I looked up at him in surprise I wasn't worried about dancing, I was an OK dancer I was worried about my 6 best friends going overboard. So I said "I'm not worried about dancing I'm OK at dancing it's them going overboard that I'm worried about,"

They spent the rest of the day making sure I had the perfect dress, then they look for their own perfect dresses, then it was decorations and music and food galore that it drove me up the wall. Saturday started getting closer and closer and by the time it was Friday night my friends were almost fried from all the party planning. So we just hung out and watched a movie, but we were all asleep about half way through.