5. The Week of Distractions

Y/n's P.O.V.

After what happened over at the kindergarten, Peridot had decided to tell the gems about the cluster. She had revealed the cluster has incubated in the Earth's crust for thousands of years. So we all agreed to build a drill to take us to where the cluster was so we could stop it.

And apparently, Steven knew of a place he called a "barn" where we could build the drill. And it was a good thing we could get started right away. But over the last week, things have been off to a complicated start.

Pearl and Peridot were both having a hard time working together. So Steven had them compete in some sort of odd "robot competition." In the end, they were able to start getting along nicely. But it took Peridot for what felt like an eternity to except Pearl as an equal.

Then the other day, Peridot, Steven, and Amethyst went to get a piece of the drill from the kindergarten. They had to get a drill piece from in of the old injectors so we could at it to our drill. But it had turned out that Peridot had revealed to Amethyst about who she really should have been.

Luckily, after having saved Amethyst from almost getting shattered by the drill piece, they managed to make up. And it was a good thing too, and then Steven told me about Garnet being a fusion of a ruby and sapphire.

I was honestly interested in the story, and it made me wonder what fusion would be like for me. So it left me to think about some new perspectives on a gems relationship. And Steven has even been teaching me about all sorts of Earth things too.

Of course, some of it didn't make much sense to me. But Steven was able to help me understand what Earth was about. And I had to say that it was giving me a better understanding of when Steven and the Crystal Gems defend Earth.

Sadly, the room that I had somehow managed to get at the temple didn't help me. I had just tried to see if it could help me regain any of my lost memories. Sadly, like the first time, it didn't help me at all. I was sitting on the roof of the barn when I noticed Garnet sit next to me.

Garnet: Nice view.

Y/n: It is, isn't it?

Garnet: So what's bothering you?

Y/n: What makes you think that something is bothering me? For all you know, I could be plotting to betray you and the others.

Garnet: We both know that if you were, then you would have most likely done something by now.

Y/n: *chuckles* Good point.

Garnet: So what's wrong?

Y/n: Promise you won't tell anyone?

Garnet: I won't say a word.

Y/n: Well, I've been trying to find a way to regain my lost memories. I tried the room again, but that was a dead end like the first time.

Garnet: And you're having a hard time trying to find a way to vent all the frustration that's bottling up?

Y/n: That's one way of putting it. I just want answers, and I'm hoping that if I find at least one, it'll help me remember which was.

Garnet: That's not all, is it?

Y/n: No, there's also the other two prisms Pearl mentioned. If they are both gone, then I may be the last prisms in the universe.