16. Alone At Sea

Y/n's P.O.V.

It's been a several weeks since the Ruby's showed up. And it was a good thing that they were easily able to be tricked too. After all, I thought when they fused, we'd have a fight on our hands. But it was thanks to Steven's quick thinking that they left. And a few things have been happening in the last few weeks following the Ruby's little "visit." From what I heard from Steven, he found out some sort of new power. It turns out he has the power to float and can go either fast or slow, depending on his emotions.

Another thing I found out is that Steven's dad, Greg, was an on the road musician. Though according to Steven, Greg was a one-man band of sorts that traveled to play songs. Steven even told me how Greg met his mother, Rose Quartz. It also turns out Greg's former manager, a guy called Marty, recently came back to Beach City. And after some weird commercial stunt with a guy called Sour Cream, who is apparently Marty's son, Greg and Steven discovered why Marty really came to Beach City.

It turned out Marty was bound to an old contract Greg signed. And Marty was forced to give Greg a check for several million Earth dollars. So now it seems Greg is a really rich person and was proud of it. Steven even told me the two of them and Pearl went to Empire City to celebrate. But Steven told me of how Pearl and Greg really didn't get along since Greg dated Rose. I guess that Pearl had some feelings for Rose, but Greg and Rose started dating before Pearl could say anything. And the whole reason Steven wanted to bring Pearl is so they could make peace.

And from what Steven said,, it seemed to work. Because the couple times Lightning and I visited, Greg and Pearl seemed to be getting along better. On top of that, it turns out Peridot is able to control metal. Peridot told us how Steven brought her and Amethyst to a place called "Funland." Steven even got her a gift, which was an Earth device called a "tablet." According to Peridot, she thought that, like other Era 2 Peridots, she had no powers. That is until she discovered her metal powers thanks to Steven and Amethyst.

A few other things have happened recently too. For starters, Steven had supposedly switching bodies with a guy named Lars. Then Steven and an earthling named Connie fused to win a race against some jerk named Kevin. After that, Steven helped end some issues with a couple local restaurants. And then, Steven someone named Kiki put an end to some pizza related nightmares. Finally, Steven discovered that the healing powers he got from his mother came back. He tried to use it on a corrupted gem, but it didn't work out like he hoped. But Steven refused to give up, so he promised to find a way to heal all the corrupted gems the others have caught.

And that pretty much brings us up to what's going on today. Steven sent a message to Peridot through her tablet, asking for me and Lapis. We didn't know what Steven needed us for, just that it was a surprise. So we made our way over to the boardwalk, which is where Steven wanted to meet. After we got there, we found Steven wasn't there yet, so we waited. After a few minutes, Steven and Greg showed up, but Greg had to get something real quick. So it was just the three of us. After walking around for several minutes, Steven asked if he could talk to me in private for a moment. So we went over to a nearly stand to talk about whatever Steven needed to talk about.

Y/n: Ok, so what's up Steven?

Steven: Ok, I want to help Lapis get over her fear of water.

Y/n: Really? Because I'm sure you and I both know it's not going to be easy.

Steven: I'm sure. Water is a part of Lapis, and if there's any way to help her out, then I think we should go with it.

Y/n: Ok, but if you don't mind me asking, why am I here?