36

"What's his name?" Y/m/n (your mothers name) asked her as they set up the table for Christmas, waiting for the boy her daughter was dating.

"Draco." Y/n whispered, placing the forks down on the table.

"Draco who? Do I know his parents by any chance?" Y/m/n spoke to her, putting the jugs of water on the table.

"Draco. Draco Malfoy." Y/n cleared her throat as her mother's eyes went wide, her mouth falling slightly before it shut.

"Malfoy?" Her mother spoke, straightening her back. "No. No. It can't be." She spoke, looking down at the table, y/n furrowing her eyebrows at her. "His father, Lucius, and I, he was one of my closest friends but as soon as your father and I met, well, he did things to try and sabotage our relationship. The Malfoy's, they don't like people who don't have pure witch or wizard blood."

"Mum, Draco's-" Y/n began but was interrupted by the doorbell. "I'll get that." Y/n gave her mother a small smile and walked off, letting out a breath and fixing her dress.

Y/n opened the front door and saw the familiar blonde boy in his black suit, flowers in one hand and a festive bag in the other.

"Merry Christmas, Darling." Draco smiled at her, y/n walking up to him and throwing her arms around him.

"Merry Christmas, Draco." Y/n grinned, leaning up and kissing him briefly. She pulled away from him, Draco handing her the flowers which she thanked him for and lead him inside her house, grabbing his now free hand.

"Mum, Dad." Y/n spoke, her parents turning to look at her. "This is Draco." She smiled as Draco nervously squeezed her hand before letting it go.

"Mrs. and Mr. Y/l/n, its a pleasure to meet you." Draco cleared his throat, holding out his now sweaty hand.

"Draco, we've heard good things about you!" Her dad grinned shaking his hand firmly. "Oh, good grip." He joked as Draco chuckled.

"Oh my, you look so much like your father." Y/n's mother spoke, walking up to him hesitantly, Draco gulping lightly.

"It's the hair." Y/n giggled as Draco pulled out a bottle of wine from the bag and holding it out.

"My mother gave it to me to give to you." Draco smiled, y/n's father cheered and took it from his hands, y/n's mother squinting at the bottle.

They all sat down at the dining table as they all put food on their plates and joked around, although y/m/n observed Draco, hesitantly sipping on the wine her husband had opened up just to make sure Lucius hadn't tainted it.

"So, Draco, how is your father?" Y/n's mother cleared her throat and Draco's smile dropped slightly, not really wanting to talk about his father. Y/n had noticed the subtle glares Draco had received from her.

"He's uh, he's well." Draco softly spoke. "How'd you know him?" y/n squeezed at his knee reassuringly.

"Your father and I used to be best of friends and then I met y/n's dad and he's hated me since." Y//m/n shrugged, sipping at her wine, y/n glaring at her as Draco looked down at his now empty plate. "Now, who want's dessert?" She spoke, standing up and walking to the kitchen.

"I'll go help her." Y/n whispered to Draco who nodded as y/n picked up the dishes and followed her mother to the kitchen.

"Can you cut it out?" Y/n spoke to her mother when they were both in the kitchen.

"Cut what out, honey?" Y/m/n responded, y/n rolling her eyes as her mother picked up the cake.

"Don't think I haven't noticed you giving him looks at the dinner table." Y/n scoffed. "He is not his father. Get over it." She seethed and her mother looked down and sighed, walking out of the kitchen.