To be free

On one of my trips to London when I was 12 to pick up supplies I ran into a scrawny boy with shaggy black hair and eyes an eerie blue

I was there to do some simple looting for my father, child's play really. I had just pick pocketed my sixth wallet and was about to move on to the next victim when I heard a voice.

"I could tell the constable you know." My head shot up in surprise nobody has ever caught me before. Emerging from the shadows was a boy about my age. Straightening my back I sneered at him.

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about."

He walked up to me and looked me dead in the eye. "I won't tell if you share with me lad ." Deciding it would be better to act oblivious I answered with a lie

"Share what?"

"Listen here I know exactly who you are pirate, I saw you get off your ship." I stood there stunned. Had I actually been followed?

While I was racking my brain trying to figure out how he could have ever managed to follow me. He reached his hand around and plucked the sack that had the wallets out of my hands, then turned on his heels and ran.

With out giving it a second thought I chased after him. Down through alley ways behind ships at the marina. In the quiet night the clacking of our shoes on pavement was the only noise to be heard.
After about ten minutes I realized I didn't hear or see him anymore. I lost the loot, my father would be livid.

I turned around to make my way back to our ship. Rounding a corner I abruptly pulled myself back. There he was leaning against a boat looking a the contents of my bag!

I crept as close I could get before I jumped on him. He let out a surprised yell before reacting. We wrestled on the ground as well as two kids could before he shot out a punch landing on my nose. Also in the process knocking my cap off, my long hair flowing down my back.

I jumped up holding my nose and I could feel the blood running down my lips. He jumped up to with a surprised look on his face.

"You're a girl!" he yelled his voice cracking a bit.

"Of course I'm a girl you idiot! And you stole what's mine now I want it back." I glared at him.

"It wasn't yours I know that much."

"You know nothing now give it back." I tried snatching it out of his hands but he pulled it out of my reach.

"Oi! non of that, How's about I make you a deal? Ill give you this if you let me come with you." I was about to say no but I could see the loneliness in his eyes it was the same emotions that reflected in my own.

I let out a tierd sigh. "Alright, but I don't want to go back yet. My name is Wendy by the way."
"I'm Eric."

We sat along the docks at the marina talking until the sun rose. Discussing about everything, but mostly about freedom. Thats why he wanted to come with me. He asked what it was like from a crows nest. I told him from up there I can pretend Im a bird, free, and that I could fly anywhere I want. Then his blue eyes looked deep into mine as he spoke with all honesty.

"Wendy-bird, I would fly anywhere with you."

*************************
My feet dangled off the rock and into mermaid lagoon as a stared at my reflection in the water that reminded my so much of Eric's eyes. I missed him.

It was probably about noon meaning my day for an adventure was halfway over. I sighed looking ou across the water spotting Peter talking to the mermaids obliviously to their obvious advances. One mermaid in particular with long flowing red hair and a gold tail listened intently to Peters story and casually sent a snicker or a glare my way.

I was too far away to here them word for word but sometimes I caught snipits such as girl and pirate.

When I decided that they were more than engrossed in their conversation. I pulled my still damp feet into my boots. threw my bag over my shoulder and backed silently into the forest.

Once I was safely hidden by the trees I turned around fast and took off.
I weeved in and out of trees jumping over fallen logs an ducking under low branches. I ran for about a half a mile before
I stopped.

I sat down and slumped against a tree to catch my breath. From above me in the tree I heard slow clapping. Looking up I saw Peter standing on a branch smirking at me.

"That was impressive." he commented.
"H-how did you get here so fast?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I can fly remember?" oh ya... damn! Peter let out a small chuckle "if you wanted to play tag you should have just said so!"

Then he put his hands to his mouth to magnify a loud crowing sound. All of the sudden the leaves started rustling and you could here shouts from all directions. I looked at him in confusion.

He spread his arms gesturing all around him.

"Wendy, meet the lost boys."

Hey guys please vote an comment. like for reals I can see how many reads this is getting would it kill ya to just click vote if you like my story? hope you are enjoying it so far. I will update more frequently if I get more votes .

Love ya guys.

-M. Vote/Comment