Dances with Fairies

With his hand still in my mine I could see a question lingering on his lips. A question he looked hesitant to ask for the fear if knowing the answer. I gave Peter a smile trying to lighten the sad mood.

"...you know I have yet to see any fairies Peter." I casually said trying to avoid anymore heavy topics.

"I have an idea! I'll take you to see the fairies!" he said jumping off the ground as if it were his idea to begin with. He offered me his hand and once again I took it letting him help me off the ground.

"That sounds marvelous Peter!"

"Lets go then Wendy! before dawn comes, hurry!" he said running past me and doing a perfectly excited backflip off the cliff.

"Uh wait...." he didn't hear me. I can't fly, he forgot. Running to the edge of the cliff and looking down into the water I can't even see him. I turned around to face the vast amount of trees my back to the bay.

Suddenly I felt a whoosh of air and a pair of strong arms around my waist securing me against a hard chest, and for the second time since I left my safe life I was flying.

But we kept going straight up past a think layer of clouds. Looking around was so disorienting. The stars were enough to rival any of the jewels I've seen in London or anywhere in my travels.

But just as quickly as we ascended we descended. Soaring straight down at a speed that has never been accomplished by humans before. Right before we hit the water Peter glided upward again.

Soaring over the treetops that I have become surprisingly familiar with these past few days I notice something through the thick canopy of trees.

Small lights flitting about, almost resembling the beautiful stars from earlier.

Sorry it's short please vote/comment!!!!