Happy birthday

Let me fully introduce myself, as of today I am 16 my name is Wendy Myra Angela Hook. Yes I am the daughter of the infamous captain James Hook. The very same Captain Hook who has a Hook for a hand. He never talks about the incident, I recall one time he shot one of the crew members for bringing up the topic.

Most people would say pillaging is no life for girls. In some cases that's true...for ordinary girls but it just so happens that I don't fall under that category. When I was very little I was taught how to fight and defend myself.

As I make my way out of the crow's nest I think how I'm going to ask my father to let me go to the island today, since its my birthday. I ask him every year hoping one day he'll say yes, father doesn't like the island and has told me multiple times that its dangerous. Maybe if I say that Eric would go with me he would feel differently about it.

I pause with my hand, ready to knock, hovering over his door and I take a deep breath. Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Come in" I hear my father's thounderous voice, hesitantly I push open the door and find my father marking things down on a map, with his back to me. He turns and looks at me over his shoulder and smiles. "Ah Wendy darling happy birthday" he says as he kisses my forehead. Are you excited for your birthday celebration tonight?"

"Well yes father but you see I was wondering... well I thought since it is my birthday and all that... I could possibly go to the island?" I realized I had been staring at a bird flying outside of the window and turned to look at my father.

He sighed "Wendy we've been over this a hundred times the island isn't safe. There are mermaids, fairies, and and savages and there's also... it's just not safe for you to go out there all by yourself."

"But you see I would be by myself, Eric would come with me! I'm not a little girl anymore, I can handle a couple of Indians and I won't even go near mermaid lagoon." I look at my father with pleading eyes.

He gives me a small smile "your right you aren't a little girl anymore and I have no doubt that you would be able to protect yourself, but my answer still stands, no." as he says these words I feel my heart grow heavy. " now go and enjoy your birthday, but no going ashore."

Before I even close the doors to his cabin I've made up my mind. I was going to the island today and nothing no even if my father sent all of the crew after me, nothing was going to get in my way. I stopped by my room to grab my gun and my dagger, then I grabbed a couple of apples and put them in a brown leather bag that I slung over my shoulder. Then I walked out on deck looking around at everybody.

They were all doing their duties, none of them bothering to look up at me as I quietly snuck into the small rowboat that was on the side of the ship. I said a silent prayer as I lowered myself down into the water and started rowing towards shore

Sorry I haven't updated lately....but Peters coming in the next chapter!!!!! :D
Vote/comment