Chapter 21 B&C💜💛

Începe de la început

"Okay," I exclaimed,  holding onto my breath and clutching tightly until Shawn's hand, preparing myself for the bad news.

"Your daughter is suffering from chronic kidney disease. It is a condition where the gradual loss of kidney function. Which stops the kidney from doing what it supposed to do, leading to electrolytes and wastes building up in the body, and the kidney shuts down, which lead to your daughter going into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing.

"OH My God!" I gasped, fear settling over me again "wha-what cause this to happen? I mean, she was fine just a few hours ago."

"We did some test and found ARISTOLOCHIA in her system," she said softly.

I frowned my brows "What is that?"

"It's a weight loss pill  and your daughter has been taking it, which was the cost of her Kidney failure. It's one of the side effects of the medication."

"I don't understand. She wasn't on any medication" I said confused.

"Ms. Knowles do you know your daughter has been taking ISTOLOCHIA for the past two months or so?"

"Excuse me! I yelled in disbelief "that's Ridiculous. My daughter hasn't been taking any medication."

"Are you sure about that? Ms. Knowles"

"Of course, I'm sure she won't do such a thing."

"I'm sorry and I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but we run a blood screen and tox scans on Bella.... She has been on those medications for at least two months" She exclaimed, looking me in the eyes, and giving me a few seconds to internalize it before continuing "The FDA removed them from the market a few months ago because of its bad, side effects. Your daughter shouldn't have been taking it."

"Is this some time off sick joke Dr. Bailey? Because we can skip right to the end where you tell me that my baby is okay"

"I'm sorry, I wish I could say it was, but it isn't Ms. Knowles. I have a teenager myself, and they do things that they have no business doing."

I could barely form a sentence as I stood there dumbfounded, not knowing what to say next. My brain felt like cotton candy as I  tried to process the doctor words. I was scared and angry at Bella for doing such a thing. This is unbelievable.

"So what happens next?" Shawn was the one who spoke again.

"We're going to need to do a kidney transplant." replied Dr. Bailey.

My head snapped towards her "kidney transplant!" I yelled in disbelief. This is just getting worst.

"I know this isn't what you want to hear, but this is what needs to be done. She's going to need surgery and fast. The quickest we get it taken care of, the better."

I rubbed my temper, trying to ease the headache I fell forming. "A-are y-you... she's..." She's going to be okay?"

"She will be okay." She assured me. "The good news is we have a kidney that's already on the way, so that's one less thing to worry about."

"Oh, thank God." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. I have heard the stories of how hard it is to get a kidney, so hearing the doctor say they already have one for my baby was a relief.

Shawn pulled me into his side, placing a soothing kiss on my forehead. "What are the complications of a kidney transplant?" He asked.

"Infections, blood clots and bleeding, Leaking from or blockage of the tube (ureter) Infection failure or rejection of the donated kidney...but their is a low chances that any of these things wwill occur. Your daughter is young and healthy"