iv

FOUR

FOUR

"OH MY GOD, SORRY!" Sarah got up from the ground to dust herself off, June got up and smiled a little.

"It's fine." She got rid of the small rocks on her palms and continued her way down the path; looking straight forward because of what just happened.
    She soon heard footsteps behind her, Sarah was by her side walking in time with her quickly. She turned her head to face the blonde, an awkward smile spread across Sarah's face as she spoke.

"Why don't we hang out today, I have nothing to do and we haven't spent a girls day out in forever!" Sarah wrapped her arm around June's shoulder, the girls both smiled widely.

"Good idea, where we going?" June asked while looking at her feet hitting the small rocks and leaves out of her way, getting a laugh from the girl next to her.

"You're really still the same."

...

"There's nothing to do" Sarah whined

June looked over to her and laughed. "No shit, a hurricane has just hit."

The girls were at a familiar spot, the rooftop of Sarah's house. Birds were heard as the flew above the pair, it was a nice day; the sun was out shining down on the aftermath.
The sound of the waves could be heard from where they were, Sarah lied down and turned her head towards June, she soon spoke up.

"Hey, why aren't you with your pogue friends?"  June scoffed at the name Sarah had given them.

"Still calling them that?" June questioned while looking down at Sarah.

Sarah laughed. "Guess so, I don't have anything against them though.." June looked at her with that ' I know you're lying. ' face.
"Oh ok, fine yes I do.. Just Kiara though." Sarah muttered as she sat back up, the sun was setting; creating a pink and purple sky, it was a beautiful setting really. The wind picked up Junes loose hair, she smiled enjoying the silence they sat in.

"You never answered my question y'know... Why aren't you hanging out with them?" Sarah asked again softly.

June nodded her head and mumbled to herself until she spoke up. "Well, you promise not to tell anyone?" She asked looking at the confused state Sarah was in.
    She didn't get a response, only a slight nod. "We're on a treasure hunt." June giggled at the choice of words that she had chosen.

"What treasure hunt may that be ma'am?" Sarah tried not to laugh at her sentence but played along.

"Hm..—" June thought for a moment. "Money, a lot of money. They were splitting it up between the group and since I really didn't need the money I only offered to help them a little bit." She looked at the now dark sky with stars. "And trouble follows me, I don't wanna mess this up since it's going good right now." The girl let out a sigh as her friend beside her giggled.

"Always putting others before you huh?" Sarah shook her head as she softly smiled looking at her feet; that she could just see as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. June muttered something underneath her breath, Sarah couldn't make out what she said but let it slide.

Sarah stood up and held out her hand for June to take; which she did happily. "Didn't you tell me earlier that you were meeting up with your friends?" Sarah looked at her as Junes face expression turned into shock.

"Oh! Oh right, well I should get going or i'll hold up everything." June laughed nervously as she quickly gave Sarah a hug.

"Okay.. See you tomorrow I guess?!" Sarah shouted as June was already off the roof walking away from her blonde friends house.

June waved and shouted back. "Yeah, bye!"

"A treasure hunt huh?... Maybe I should join in, sounds fun."

WORD COUNT:
644

NOTE:
I was planning this to be longer but,
I was rushing to get another chapter out so
this is what I finished with.

Any other fics you would like me to write?