Chapter Nine...

Chapter Nine

Where did you come from?

“Did you see that?” I asked making a grab for the door.

“Did I see what?”

“Someone wearing all black just ran past the door,” I swung the door open and scanned the empty hallway, their gone!

“I didn’t see anything, but it could have just been Mrs. Bakersfield from C.” he suggested rubbing circles on my back as he pulled me back in and shut the door again.

“Have you ever seen Mrs. Bakersfield walk without a frame, no it couldn’t have been her, who ever it was, they were running?”

“It doesn’t matter, now, shut up and kiss me.” He claimed my mouth and pushed me up against the wall, trapping my arms above my head with one hand as the other roamed freely. My skin burned everywhere he touched me, I opened my mouth and allowed the kiss to go deeper.

He broke the kiss and looked down at me with restrained desire, “Follow me!”

“OK!” I said breathlessly following him, in that moment I would have followed him off a cliff.

“The traditional first date is usually dinner and a movie,” Caleb smiled leading me down a hall that was similar to my own. He led me to the last door on the right and turned around to look down at me, “But since we can’t go out in public I was forced to improvise.”

Caleb let go of my hand as he opened the door and bowed, “M-lady.”

I was shocked, the room was a large cinema room which he had dusted with rose petals while lit candles stood dotted around the room giving off a relaxing dim light, its so romantic.

“Wow,” I gasped looking around the room in awe, “It’s amazing.”

“I was going to give you flowers but since that would make Mason suspicious I sprinkled them on the floor instead.”

“It’s beautiful, Caleb.”

“You’re beautiful,” he grabbed me, kissing me hard before releasing me. “We have a movie to watch.”

“What movie?” I asked quietly wondering how a 25 year old teacher could afford such an expensive apartment by himself.

"I was thinking the Notebook because all you chicks love that movie,” he laughed.

“I actually can not stand that movie!” I giggled plopping myself down in one of the big plush armchairs.

“OK” he smiled plonking into the chair next to me, “What do you want to watch?”

“Nothing. How about we just talk? I want to know where you come from. I want to know who Caleb Spencer is,” I said turning in the arm chair so I was facing him instead of the screen.

“Fine…. My full name is Caleb Edward Augusta Spencer; my dad was Edward Augusta Italian entrepreneur. My mom was Alyssa Spencer a school teacher from New York,” As he spoke I watched his eyes, they seemed far away, happy and sad at the same time, almost like he was fondly remembering a sad memory.

“Was?” I prompted.

“Yea my dad died when I was five, he had a sudden heart attack. Mom didn’t handle his death very well he was the love of her life, she killed herself when I was seven….” He stopped swallowing loudly, “I found her, she just couldn’t take it. I never understood it until…” he stops suddenly and looks away from me.

“Until what?”

“It doesn’t matter it’s just important that I understand now I can stop blaming her, stop hating her.” He smiled sweetly; I could see the change in his eyes. I wonder what made him understand?