(13) MALACHI: JUNE 19TH, 2020

Start from the beginning

"Stop," Leo complained, stomping his foot like a child. Enzo must've licked Leo's palm, because the latter ripped his hand away with a yelp, allowing Enzo to rapidly yell:

"He has a picture of you sleeping as his w — "

Leo successfully tackled him that time, forcing Enzo to cut off in an abrupt shout. Malachi raised an eyebrow.

"I was high," Leo hissed in defense, cheeks reddening. "We all know I do dumb shit when I'm high. Enzo needs to shut up, because I remember very clearly that he had me as his wallpaper a few months ago. Fuck you, hypocrite."

"The difference is," Enzo declared, holding one finger up. "I am not ashamed. Mal, I would proudly have you as my wallpaper."

Malachi sighed. "Can we just get breakfast and leave already? It's cold in here, and I'm starving."

As Leo and Enzo started bickering, Malachi turned away and tried to ignore the heat traveling up his neck.

___

"God, those ham and cheese croissants..." Leo mumbled wistfully, licking his lips as if he could still taste it. "Heaven on earth. I want those and only those served at my future wedding."

"Good luck to the vegans and lactose intolerant motherfuckers," Enzo stated solemnly. "Bitches will starve."

"Okay, and?" Leo stuck his tongue out. Malachi rolled his eyes. "It's my wedding. Only I matter."

"What if your partner is vegan, or lactose intolerant?" Malachi asked, sipping from his glass of ice cold water — he managed to avoid Enzo making fun of how much ice he put in his drinks for once. "What'll you do then?"

"I would never date someone so weak," Leo declared, lifting his chin. "Natural selection will take its course."

Malachi snorted. "Okay."

"That's Malachi saying he's sad," Enzo whispered, not subtle at all. "He's lactose intolerant. He's crying on the inside. You gotta apologize."

"Weak ass bitch," Leo said instead. "Cry about it."

Malachi's lips twitched. God, he hated them both. Yet he loved them, too. The two of them were a blessing and a curse, something he always found himself saying or thinking every now and then.

"It wouldn't matter anyway," Malachi stated, slicing through his waffles. "I still eat shit with lactose in it. It's not like it's gonna kill me."

"But you'll shit your guts out."

Malachi gave Enzo a dull look. "But it's worth it."

Enzo grinned. "True." Malachi's eyes lingered on him for a moment too long — had he always had that dimple on his chin? There was a freckle on his bottom lip, too, right near the center. They'd always been there, so why was he just now noticing?

It was when his brain decided to bring up the shotgunning from last night that he finally tore his gaze away, looking down at his half-eaten food. Malachi wondered if he was sick or something, because his skin was hot, and it was becoming uncomfortable as fuck. He shifted in his seat. He kind of wanted to take off Leo's hoodie.

But it was comfortable, the hoodie was. He sighed and sunk into the booth, pulling the sleeves over his hands, tucking his chin underneath the neckline. It was when Leo let out a loud cackle that Malachi was snapped out of his thoughts.

He looked up just as Enzo lowered his phone. Malachi frowned. "What's so funny?"

Enzo paused, then showed Malachi his screen. "Me and Leo are matching now."

Enzo had taken a picture of Malachi slumped in his seat, looking like a sad fucking toddler who hadn't gotten his chocolate milk. Malachi sighed heavily and didn't object, because he knew damn well those two would have him as their wallpapers for a long ass time.

He hoped they'd get partners soon. Maybe then they'd leave him alone.

But, for some reason, the attention wasn't too bad. Not as bad as it used to be.

He used to hate when they took photos of him or anything of the sort. But as of late, he didn't dislike it as much as he used to. It could still be annoying, but not to the point he begged them to stop being little shits.

"Oh my God!" Leo exclaimed suddenly, grabbing the other two's attention. "Mal, we're gonna be in San Francisco tomorrow!"

Malachi smiled a little. "Yeah, we are."

Leo beamed. Malachi could see the appeal of wanting to take a picture now.

___

A/N: hey i started another book if u weren't aware go check it out