(7) ENZO: JUNE 11TH, 2020

ENZO: JUNE 11TH, 2020

Enzo wasn't surprised when he and Leo went back to normal within a day of their accidental kiss.

            Leo had avoided him for a few hours, and Enzo was pretty sure it was because every time he even looked at Enzo, he started stuttering over his words and going a little pink in the face. The hopeful side of Enzo thought: maybe that made him realize his feelings or something.

              The other, more logical side said: he's awkward because he just accidentally fucking kissed his best friend, you useless gay.

               Thankfully, all it took was Enzo slapping him upside the head to knock some sense into him. Leo had yelped, flinched, covering the back of his head with his hands as he jerked away. "What the fuck was that for? That's Malachi shit, not Enzo shit."

                 "I had to tune into my inner Malachi to get you to stop looking at me like I kicked your dog. It was a peck, dumbass, and an accident. Stop being weird."

                   "I'm not being weird!" Leo protested, lightly pushing him away so he could brush past him. He dropped himself onto the sofa bench dramatically. "I had a perfectly normal reaction."

                     "Not really," Enzo said with a frown. "I've literally offered to suck your toes, Leo."

                      "I — that's different."

                      "Leo." Enzo walked forward and pressed his fist lightly against his forehead. "Stop acting weird. Okay?"

                       Leo's cheeks puffed up with a breath. He exhaled and said, "Okay. Sorry."

                        "Cool. Now where the fuck is Malachi?"

                        Leo shrugged. "Went to the store real fast. I don't know what for."

                        Enzo smirked. "We should go surprise him," he stated, holding his hand out for Leo to take. "Sneak up on him and make him piss his pants."

"You evil bastard, I'm in."

                         The two of them got dressed properly and headed inside the store Malachi parked them outside of. He'd only been gone for twenty minutes, so he most likely wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. He had a list, but he was always thorough.

                         "Where d'you think he'd be?" Leo asked, standing on his tippy toes as if that would help at all. Enzo had a sudden urge to carry him for some reason, maybe lift him up onto his shoulders like a toddler. He's short like one, so, not too far from reality.

                      Enzo shrugged. "He usually does shit in order. So, he's probably going through the detergent aisle right now."

                      "To the detergent!" Leo declared, pumping his fist in the air and marching down. Enzo smiled and shook his head, following after him, hating how Leo could be both cute and hot at the same time. It was illegal.

                      They found the detergent aisle, and low and behold, Malachi was browsing through them even though they didn't need any. He had a habit of going down every single aisle just in case, which was both infuriating and oddly endearing. He even went down the alcohol section. It was ridiculous.

                      "Sneak attack," Leo whispered, and Enzo nodded. However, he didn't do it with him, because he didn't want to be the victim of Malachi's instinctive smack that always came when dealing with Leo. A two-for-one deal.