(4) MALACHI: JUNE 9TH, 2020

MALACHI: JUNE 9TH, 2020

"You have everything? The gas tank is full? You have money? You — "

"Yes, Mom," Malachi interjected, laughing quietly at her worry. Her dark eyebrows furrowed, and she sighed, crossing her arms against her chest.

"No interrupting me," she scolded. "I'm serious, Malachi. Be careful."

"We will," Malachi promised her. "I swear on it. We're gonna drive into Austin, I already found a hotel for a night. I have everything planned out, including the exact route."

She nodded slowly. "Okay. I trust you." She rubbed her cheek, then added, "I have to keep reminding myself you're an adult."

Malachi cracked a smile. "It's weird for me, too. I have to go pick up Leo and Enzo now, okay?" He held out his arms, and she hugged him tightly, gently petting the back of his head. She always worried about him. It was understandable, but it could get a little overwhelming.

"Okay." She held her son at arm's length. "I love you so very much. Drive safe and text me when you get to the hotel, please."

"I will. I love you, too. Bye."

"Bye." She kissed his forehead then let him go. He grabbed his suitcase, bag and keys before leaving the house and climbing into his car, sending a quick text to his two friends that he was on his way.

Leo spent the night at Enzo's house to make it easier. And hopefully they actually packed the night before, because if they didn't, Malachi would be pissed. He'd planned everything to a T, including time related factors.

Malachi would leave the house at 11 AM, get to Enzo's house ten minutes after. Then, they'd get breakfast and officially leave for Austin at noon. They had agreed on this, despite Leo complaining that he felt rushed. Malachi just hoped they listened to him for once.

                   When he got there and said he was outside, they didn't respond for five straight minutes. Malachi scowled and got out of the car, hurrying up the front steps and knocking. Mrs. Lopez was the one to answer.

                    "Hi, Malachi," she greeted warmly. "Are you looking for Enzo and Leo?"

                   He blew out a breath. "Yeah. They should be ready by now."

                   She opened the door a little wider to let him slip inside. "I think they're still in Enzo's room," she told him, shutting the door behind them. Malachi nodded, thanking her, before rushing upstairs, opening Enzo's bedroom door without warning.

                     Malachi blinked. "What the fuck are you doing?"

                     The pair stopped and stared, looking like deers in headlights. Malachi always caught them in the weirdest fucking situations. This time, Leo was shirtless and Enzo was staring way too hard and way too close at his nipples.

                      "Did you know his nipples are fake?" Enzo blurted, poking Leo's chest. "Because this is new information to me."

                     Leo rolled his eyes. "To get rid of my fucking tits, they had to chop them off, dumbass. But they're not fake, what the fuck. They just reattached them."

                     Enzo gaped. "You can reattach your nipples?"

                     "Oh my God."