ii. STUDY HALL

CHAPTER TWO!( STUDY HALL

CHAPTER TWO!
( STUDY HALL. )

   LATER THAT DAY, Joan and Violet walked into the student lounge. With heavy book bags and heavy hearts, the two of them sat down at an empty table and began their trigonometry homework. There were plenty of students around, studying, playing darts, Joan even noticed Meeks and Pitts working on something that looked to be a sort of radio. Upon seeing Meeks she was reminded to ask him about Latin. Joan hadn't spoken to him since she got back to school.

"I'll be right back. I just gotta ask Meeks over there for some Latin notes, because if I'm being honest, I didn't write much down, and Meeks is the best in the class," she told Violet before approaching Meeks and Pitts.

"Hey, guys."

"Hi Joan. Good to see you again," Pitts smiled warmly.

"Likewise," she smiled back.

"Oh, hey Joan! What's up?" Meeks greeted, adjusting his glasses.

"Not that I'm just using you for your notes... but I was wondering if I could copy whatever notes you took in Latin, I wasn't paying attention," she said hopefully.

"Sure. By the way, who's that new girl you're sitting with?"

"That's Violet Moore, she's my new roommate. I think you'd like her, you should come say hi. You too, Pitts."

"All right," Meeks grabbed his Latin book and stood up. Pitts followed.

The three of them sat down at the table and Violet looked at Joan, confused. "Violet, this is Steven Meeks, and this is Gerard Pitts," she motioned to the boys.

"Hi, I'm Violet Moore. Nice to meet you." Violet held out her hand formally to each of them.

"Nice to meet you too. Just so you know, if you ever need any help with Latin, you can always ask me," Meeks offered.

"Yeah, he's a whiz at Latin," Pitts paused, "and Trig, and Chem, and English."

Violet laughed. "Well I'm alright at math and science, but I might need some help with Latin. I don't know how I'm supposed to memorize this by tomorrow," she looked down at her notes in exasperation.

"Here, I'll teach you the system." Meeks leaned over and began explaining, a soft blush dusted his cheeks.

Joan shared a knowing smirk with Pitts before turning back to her own homework.

Before she knew it, they were joined by Cameron, Neil, and Charlie.

"Hi, guys," Neil smiled, taking a seat.

"Wow look at you two, getting all the ladies," Charlie teased Meeks and Pitts as he took a seat beside Joan. "Hey Joan," he smiled, nudging her playfully with his elbow.