i. SEIZE THE DAY

CHAPTER ONE!( SEIZE THE DAY

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER ONE!
( SEIZE THE DAY. )

   TRAVESTY, HORROR, DECADENCE, EXCREMENT.

The four pillars of Welton Academy. Joan sighed deeply as she began to unpack her suitcase. Another year at Welton meant another ten months of sleepless nights and innumerable essays. Her parents were dead-set on Joan holding up the family's legacy, she had no room to slack off. Joan adjusted the achievement pins on her Welton blazer after she put her final things away. She took another deep breath, processing the fact that summer was over.

A girl with brown hair that curled at the nape of her neck and an armful of books stepped through the doorway. She looked quite dishevelled but her brown eyes lit up brightly when she saw Joan.

"Hi! I think I'm your new roommate. My name's Violet, Violet Moore," she smiled benevolently.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Joan Levy," Joan held out her hand for Violet to shake, but her arms were full of luggage and literature. Violet gave Joan an awkward smile as she struggled to free her hand. "Oh, sorry," Joan said. Violet let out a laugh and Joan helped her set down her books. Finally, they shared a handshake and Joan sat down on her bed.

"You must be new," Joan stated.

"Sure am, my family just moved here from New York."

"Oh wow, you're a city kid," Joan whistled, propping her feet up on the bed. Violet chuckled lightly and nodded.

"Well, not to be pessimistic, but don't expect to like it here."

"Oh, I don't already. Everyone is so serious," Violet said.

"The best way to make it through is to find the little things that make you happy. If you want, I'll show you around, maybe you can find something worth being happy about. For me, it's the free moments in-between the chaos classes when I can just sketch on the riverbank or put on a record," Joan smiled.

"I'd like that very much," she nodded. "Are those your drawings on the wall?"

"Oh, yeah, just some I made over the summer," Joan said a little sheepishly. There were intricate pencil sketches of women, old and young, of trees, random ornate cups, and foxes in fields.

"They're really good," Violet complimented, stepping closer to see the smaller details.

"Thank you," Joan blushed.

"Are you gonna do anything with them? You could sell these."

"Oh, no I don't think so, it's just a hobby. To be an artist is too far out of mind," Joan shrugged.

"Maybe, but it's still fun to dream," Violet smiled, "Maybe you really could one day."

"Maybe."