Chapter 11: Mrs. Sanford

Start from the beginning

Luca stiffened still gazing at Sophia before giving a tight lip smile to his mother. Sophia continued to look at him and could see the mix emotions in his eyes at her statement. The determination and the irritation. "Ms. Andrews, could you please come join me in my office."

"Of course sir"

She walks around her desk as Luca holds his arm for his mother gesturing for her to enter. She does so while glancing back. Luca remains by the door holding it open for Sophia. She slows as she gets to him and looks into his eyes for a moment. His eyes piercing her stopping her momentarily at the entrance. He gives a small nod before jerking his head towards his office. She turns her attention to the room and halts seeing another man in the room. His eyes already on her making her freeze. Feeling a soft touch to her back and a gentle nudge forces her feet to step forward.

"Hello, you must be Ms. Andrews."

He holds out his hand as Sophia's wobbly legs walk to him. His presence radiates confidence. He is practically oozing with it. She takes his hand into his and looks into his eyes. It then clicks who it is. His eyes matching Luca's so prominently.

"Yes sir"

He smirks hearing the term before glancing to her side. Sophia glances over and just now realized that Luca has continued to stand beside her with his hand still at the small of her back. She goes to step away but as if predicting her movements. His hand snakes to her waist pressing her closer to him. She can feel the heat creep up her neck as she turns back to the man who is now smiling. The beautiful blonde woman coming to wrap her arm around the older version of Luca as his arm accommodates her into his side.

"So Ms. Andrews, you definitely leave quite an impression."

"I'm sorry?" She asks as her eyes go wide.

All three of them chuckle at her reaction before he speaks again. "Sam and Marcus speak highly of you Ms. Andrews."

"Oh" She says relaxing slightly and doesn't even catch that Luca is rubbing his thumb in a circle on her hip. "Thank you Mr. Sanford"

He raises a brow at her, "I don't believe I said my name."

"You didn't sir however you have the same eyes as.." She cuts herself off as her eyes widen again. Damn it! She looks to Luca who is biting his inner cheek to stop himself from smiling. She drops her head while Heather openly giggles at the young beauty before her.

"I believe you are right Sophia, both my men have those icy blue eyes."

She lifts her face to find the woman giving her a blinding smile while Sanford Sr. just leans over kissing her head affectionately. Sophia's chest warming see the clear signs of love between them. The hand on her hip tightening slightly as she is tugged closer to Luca. Her eyes snap to him to find him already looking at her. The emotion in his eyes scaring her. It's intense and holds a promise. Feeling her panic rising she tries to breathe. His eyes instantly turning to concern and he reaches out to cup her face again.

"Sophia.. breathe"

She watches as once again he breathes as her eyes zero in on his lips as she regulates her breathing. After a few minutes she seems to have calmed down and nods her head at Luca. He looks to her side and she just now realizes that they still have an audience. She feels so ashamed they had to see that.

"I-I'm Sorry. I didn't-"

"It's alright sweetie" His mother says looking to her with concerned eyes.

She hates that look. She gets it enough from her sister. She gives a tight lip smile and pulls away from Luca stepping back. "Please excuse me"

She can faintly make out Luca's voice as she leaves the room. She quickly walks towards the restrooms not hearing the footsteps following her. She makes it into a stall before flopping down holding her heads into her hand. Why did she have to have another melt down. Cursing herself lowly she feels defeated.

"Sweetie, come out"

Looking at the bottom of the stall, she finds a pair of feet. Instantly knowing whom they belong to. Sighing loudly, she slumps her shoulders as she stands to open the stall. The woman giving her a blank expression instead of the previous concerned one.

"I'm sorry again Mrs. Sanford"

"It's intense isn't it"

"Excus-"

"The way Luca makes you feel." Sophia once again feels stunned. This family is very good at being blunt. Who am I to judge? She thinks before hearing a soft chuckle. Her gaze meeting the long blonde's again. "I'm sorry sweetie, that was rather rude."

She steps away going to the sink before grabbing a towel and wetting it slightly. Sophia walks up beside her and looks to find her handing the damp towel to her. She smiles softly taking it as she pats her face. Turning back around the woman has no sign of pity as she stands by the door looking at her.

"You are not what I was expecting"

"What do you mean Mrs. Sanford?"

She just shrugs not further commenting as she turns to open the bathroom door. She turns back just long enough to look into her eyes. "I'll see you soon Sophia."

And with that, she leaves. Sophia's eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she tries to figure out what the woman could have meant. She gives herself a moment to settle her raging emotions. She can not believe how this day has went. her first day as his assistant. She has already talked back to potential partners, overstepped her role as his assistant, and had two small panic attacks. She doesn't know how feel about all of this. If it wasn't for Jessica and the baby, she would have way feel the urge to resign. Her body can't handle all of this.

"Tesoro?"

She turns to the door hearing his soft voice through it. Checking in the mirror once more she turns to walk to the door. Her back straight and her arms fisted by her side. She pulls the door open and instantly is engulfed. She staggers a step back but he just holds her that much closer. His head in her neck and his arms holding her firmly. She takes a deep breath before wrapping her arms around his neck leaning her head against his.

"I'm sorry Luca"

He pulls back looking at her with furrowed brows. One hand coming up to cup her cheek in his palm. "Don't be, it was my fault."

She doesn't say anything and just closes her eyes feeling his thumb brushing her cheek. He leans forward and places his forehead to hers. They both standing in silence. The only sound on the floor is from their steady breaths. She likes the comfort he is bringing her and doesn't want to move. It seems he feels the same as neither make a move to pull away. The sound of the phone ringing finally breaks them out of their reverie.

Sophia gives a small smile and steps out of his arms walking towards the phone. She answers it while feeling his eyes on her. He doesn't move from his previous spot for a moment. She finally turns to his gaze and it seems to make him come back to the present. He smiles at her and nods as he steps towards his office. Turning back he winks at her again as she makes notes of the appointment from the phone. She finally sits down and attempts to focus solely on her work.

But how is that possible with a man like him??