"Probably a couple of days." Zhu Li answered snippy.

"Rhetorical question, Zhu Li. You gotta keep up. Not to mention I've got a cargo ship full of halibut that's rotting, thanks to this harbor lockdown. Who wants to buy a ship full of stinking fish?" Varrick asked and smashed another plate. When no one answered he placed his hands on his hips. "Seriously, it's rhetorical. I need to sell these fish."

Korra stood up and Dawn tried to stop her. "Chief Unalaq is trying to help the South. He wants to show us how to restore balance with the spirits so they'll stop attacking." Korra tried to defend her uncle.

"Korra, there could be a better way of restoring peace than keeping everyone on lockdown and taking control of our land." Dawn sided with Tonraq and Varrick.

"The Protector is right. The only spirit I'm interested in restoring is our spirit of independence! Am I right, people?" Varrick asked as everyone around the room agreed.

"All Unalaq is trying to do is make our tribes unified again." Korra told them.

"He isn't doing that by building walls!" Dawn yelled at her.

"No, he wants control of our wealth. My wealth. And I like my wealth. If Unalaq doesn't pull his forces out, then we have no choice but to fight for our freedom!" Varrick yelled.

"You want to start a war? Are you crazy?" Korra asked and Dawn shook her head.

"That's not what we will do." Dawn told everyone, trying to calm them down.

"Unalaq started this, not us." Tonraq said while standing up as well, and when Korra frowned at her father he sighed. "I'm sorry. Maybe you could speak with your uncle. Tell him how frustrated we all are. He'll listen to what the Avatar and Protector have to say. Do it for me." Tonraq finished for his daughter.

"I'll do it for the Tribe." She said while slamming the door and walking away, Dawn looking at Tonraq.

"He's not going to listen to me. Apparently the Protector and the Avatar together is like a ticking time bomb and a freak of nature to him." Dawn told him, Tonraq sighing.

"I can't stop eating these things." Varrick told Zhu Li as he held a cookie. "Look, we all know where this conflict is heading. We need to start preparing for war." Varrick warned them, Dawn frowning.

<><><>

Dawn rushed over towards the palace to find Korra walking out, the girl slightly out of breath. "What did Unalaq say?" She asked, Korra rolling her eyes at her.

"And why would you care? You seem to think Unalaq is trying to start this war just like everyone else." Korra said and Dawn scoffed at her, frowning at her friend.

"That's because he is. He already had a tribe, and now he came back, conquering the Southern Tribe and taking the Avatar away from her friends and family. He's the one who is trying to cause you and your dad to fight." She tried to show Korra, and when she grabbed her arm, Korra pulled away.

"No! Unalaq is trying to help us unite the Tribes." She said and Dawn laughed humorlessly.

"We were united Korra, before Unalaq had to come and 'save us'. The North helped build the South after the Fire Nation attack, we've had the North and South marry each other, and even shared bending techniques." Dawn said, Korra shaking her head.