CHAPTER 0•12

Out of the Past

Dragging her down to the basement, Dawn was chained up with her arms behind her back and a muzzle covering her mouth while she was being forced into Tarrlok's home. She looked over the metal cage, raising an eyebrow at him while he tossed her inside and closed the door quickly. "What are you going to do to me?" She asked, placing her head on the door.

He didn't respond, just went up the stairs and left her, making Dawn try hitting her shoulder in it, maybe to loosen the door, but it was no use. She knew that she was trapped inside, frowning.

She thought about Mako and Bolin and Asami, how scared her friends must have been without her there. She bit her lip, looking at the cuffs and placing her fingers close to the metal as she started to melt the metal away.

She sighed, hearing the chains clatter to the ground and she removed her mask as she took the time to look around her. The entire box was platinum, remembering the shining silver metal on the mecha-tanks and she looked up at the ceiling of it, small wire bars for oxygen to get in.

She rolled her eyes, sitting on the ground as she took this time to concentrate. She needed to get a way to contact Korra, or someone for that matter. Her wounds ached, the girl seeing the blood now drying on her skin and she gasped, taking a moment to breathe and try to not think of her pain.

She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath and letting Tenzin's words flow through her. "Use the spiritual connection you have with Korra to allow her spiritual side to grow. Maybe there is a block within your chi's." He told her, and that's when the girl felt a small pull in her mind.

She could see a figure, tall, muscular, and she focused on it a little more to see Mako, stuck in a prison cell. She frowned and looked around at where he was. "Not what I was expecting." She said and she heard Mako gasp, turning around to face her.

His eyes were wide, both teenagers confused as to how they were seeing each other. "You can see me?!" Dawn asked, feeling the excitement get to her as the connection broke and she was pushed back into her body.

She gasped, her golden eyes widened as sweat trickled down her face from her exhaustion. "What the heck was that?" She muttered to herself, confused at what was going on.

<><><>

Mako rubbed his eyes, trying to get the image of Dawn out of his head, because what he saw he hoped wasn't true. She had a large bruise on her cheek, cuts and blood over her clothes, and even worse was the sad look in her eyes. 'You can see me?!' Repeated in his mind as Bolin sat up in his bunk.

"Bro, you good?" Bolin asked, Mako swallowing his fear and tried to think of telling him that he was seeing his brother's girlfriend in his head a good idea.

He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." He muttered, only for the door to open and show off Korra who was battered as well with Asami and Chief Beifong behind her.

"You guys are not going to like what I have to tell you." Korra muttered, and that's when Mako felt his heart drop to his stomach. Dawn really was in trouble.

<><><>

Dawn decided to try again, taking a deep breath and muttering under her breath. "Korra, help me." She breathed out, and that's when she saw another figure, slightly shorter, a muscular build and medium length hair. "Korra?" She asked, but the vision turned to a woman with a golden eye and dark brown on the other.