CHAPTER 3•03

The Calling

Dawn was placing her items over Pepper's saddle, sadly leaving her boyfriend and friends behind to make sure the air bending kids got to travel safely. The girl now had her hair wrapped in a bun on the top half and the rest flowing loosely across her back as she was in a long sleeved red top with flow-like black pants to make sure that whatever came her way, she was comfortable but still not going to get grabbed from wearing something too loose. She watched the kids bend their bags up so Meelo would throw it and Ikki grabbed it to place it neatly on the saddle.

"Tenzin, are you sure you can't go with them?" Pema asked, holdings bag of food ready to go for her kids and Dawn as she was worried about their travel.

"Meelo!" Ikki asked angrily, the boy having thrown a bag too hard and hitting the younger girl on the head.

She jumped down to chase him as he bended an air scooter away.

"Raiko asked me to stay here and help figure out a diplomatic solution to the Kuvira problem." Tenzin told his wife, just as her kids popped up the railing.

"Mom, we'll be fine. Grandpa Aang and his friends were around our age when they traveled the world." Ikki told her mom while Dawn ruffled up her hair and she growled at the young adult.

"And you have me now." She teased, smacking Ikki on the back as she winced.

"Well, at least I won't have to worry about you starving out there." Pema said, patting the sack of food that looked to hold over four dozen buns.

"Mom, we're going to be in the wild, living off the land. We don't need your food." Meelo said while jumping off the railing and crossing his arms while Poki chirped with him in agreement.

"But I made your favorite treat." Pema teased and held one out.

Meelo turned around in awe as his eyes lit up with the leaf wrapped goodie. "Sweet buns with happy faces on them?" He asked and his mother nods his head. "Well, I guess we're not officially on the road yet." Meelo said happily as he took it and opened it with his teeth while he frowned at the bun. "Aw, this one is smudged. I can't eat this." Meelo said sadly to show half the face gone.

"You know, sometimes, things get smudged in the wild." She told him while poking his nose. Jenora grabbed the sack and placed it up on the saddled as she jumped down and gave her father and mother a hug good bye along with her siblings.

Dawn hugged them both and Tenzin looked into her multi-colored gold eyes. "Don't let them get into any trouble." He said, the girl smiling and looking over the kids.

"I'll watch over them, Tenzin. Promise." She whispered, using her air bending to hop over the saddle and settle in as she nods to Jenora.

"Pepper, yip-yip." She stated, and the four went out and started their travels.

After hours of flying, they decided to take a small break to see if Jenora could sense Korra's energy, after the woman cut off Dawn's connection and she couldn't get a reading on her anymore.

"Finally! I've been holding my pee for an hour." Meelo gasped, running towards a corner and Dawn looked over the spirits around the area and smiled at Jenora.