Chapter 23

Time passed and finally the functions for the marriage were going to start.

It was Kartik's tilak ceremony and he was very excited. Finally those painful months of waiting were coming to an end.

The Singhaniya's and the Maheshwari's came to Goenka house to do Kartik's tilak. To Kartik's sadness naira wasn't going to be there for the tilak ceremony.

Kartik was meeting everyone and at last he met gayu.

Gayu :- kaise hai aap hone wale jeejaji ?

Kartik :- main thik hoon, aap bataiye hone wali saali sahiba ?

Gayu :- acha, ek minute bahar toh aana.

Kartik :- kyu ?

Gayu :- vo naira aayi-

Kartik :- NAIRA AA-

Before kartik could say anything gayu quickly stopped him and the entire family looked at them.

Gayu :- mazak kar rahi thi.

Kartik :- marwaogi mughe.

Gayu :- yaar, haq hai mera.

Kartik :- tumhe toh main baad mein dekhta hoo.

Gayu just laughed.

Kartik met rest of the family members and at last he met naksh who hugged him.

Naksh :- kartik, main bahut khush hoon ki meri behen ko tum jaisa ladka mila hai.

Kartik :- thanks naksh. And I promise you ki main naira par kabhi koi problem nahi aane doonga. Hamesha uska saath doonga.

Naksh :- promise yaad rakhoonga kartik.

Kartik just smiled.

The pooja started. To Kartik's suprise and delight, mishti kept a phone in front of him which was showing naira on video call. She had applied a paste on her face. The phone was connected with Bluetooth earbuds which kartik was wearing. And luckily for him the buds were covered by the handkerchief on his head.

Naira was purposely teasing him, and kartik was pouting because of that.

Kartik whispered :- naira kyun itna tease kar rahi ho, ek toh pehle hi yahan nahi ho, upar se aur tadpa rahi ho, tumhe idea bhi hai ki tumhe kitna miss kar raha hoon main.

Luckily for him everyone was engrossed in the pooja so no one heard him and saw him.

Naira :- I LOVE YOU TOO.

Kartik winced as naira literally shouted in his ear. Gayu warned him from behind to not to move too much to avoid suspicion.

Naira :- aur miss toh main kar rahi hoon, tum toh sabke saath ho vahan aur main yahan akeli.

Kartik :- sabke hone par bhi utni khushi nahi hai, jitna akele tumhare rehne par hoti.

Naira smiled.

Naira :- toh phir aa jao milne ke liye.

Kartik :- challlenge, soch lo, abhi pooja se uthke aa jaaonga, apni hone wali biwi ke pass.

Naira smiled at the word biwi.

Naira :- jaane do, jaane do. Vahin baitho chup chaap, mat bhulo ye pooja hamare liye hi ho rahi hai.

Kartik smiled and sneakily blew her a kiss. Naira in return blew him so many kisses that for a moment kartik forgot that he was sitting in the pooja and got up laughing.

Everyone looked at him and he quickly realised his position.

Akhilesh :- kya hua kartik, sab thik toh hai na ?