Chapter Fifty-Four: Alex

After a quick breakfast, Alex and Reina joined the Knight siblings for a bit of training. Upon entering the training room for the Alpha squad, they found a large group of werewolves training with various weapons, as well as in sparring circles. Alex whistled softly at the room.

"Wow. Impressive," she muttered. Glancing at a group of werewolf soldiers currently practicing archery. They all fired several times in the space of a minute. Suddenly a whistle blared and a short middle-aged butch woman marched into the center of the room looking angry.

"Look alive you lazy idiots! We're in the presence of royalty," she shouted gruffly. The room went dead silent as everyone paused and stared at the newcomers before bowing slightly. Reina stepped forward raising her arms before lowing them as she spoke.

"As you were." After a pause, the training resumed, and the woman stormed up to them.

"Princess Reina," she greeted gruffly. "Knight, you're late."

Zee stepped forward glancing at Alex. "Sorry, Maggie. I was meeting with Princesses Reina and Alex." Maggie just grunted and looked over Alex.

"So, you're the warrior Princess, eh?" she growled. Alex nodded politely. Before she could speak Maggie continued speaking, "well you sure don't look like much. How do I know you can handle yourself in a fight?"

Scarlett spoke up first, "she beat me in a fight."

Maggie just scoffed. "That don't prove nothing." She blew her whistle again causing the room to stop. "Circle up!" she yelled walking to the center of the room. After a brief hesitation, the small group followed her. "You! Warrior Princess! Stand here," Maggie barked. Alex glanced at Reina, who didn't look happy but also wasn't making a move to stop her. Once Alex was standing next to the shorter woman, Maggie began to speak again. "Alright, Princess. Let's see how you can handle taking on the best of best. The Alpha squad. Then maybe I'll consider letting you go on the mission."

Alex blinked in confusion. "I thought Zee and Queen Tomi made that decision."

The room chuckled softly as Maggie glared at Alex. "Zee may have a say out in the field but this is my gym. My rules. And I say who leaves here to go out on missions."

Alex just shrugged casually and said, "K. What do you want me to do?"

Maggie just grinned coldly before walking to the edge of the circle. "Survive. Against all fifty members of the Alpha Squad," She paused when Reina growled. "...And if your mate helps.... consider yourself disqualified. Begin."

At the bark of the last word, two men from opposite sides of the circle charged forward. Alex kept each of them in her periphery vision until they were close enough. The one on her right had his first raised, so she grabbed his arm and spun him into his friend knocking them both down. Before she could follow up more soldiers charged forward. Some of which were armed with swords.

Alex fought hand to hand with several of them before creating enough space for her to draw her weapon. Spinning the block, it transformed into a sword just in time for her to parry a strike from a tall black woman. The pair exchanged blows before Alex managed to disarm the woman and knocked her out with a blow to the side of the head. Alex blocked another attack from behind her before spinning around to face her opponent. In another two strikes, she had also knocked out this opponent. Leaving her breathing deeply surrounded by injured or unconscious werewolves. A twang of bow echoed throughout the sudden silence.

Alex caught it in her left hand and turned to face the archer that had fired at her. She was quickly nocking another arrow when Alex transformed her blade into a throwing blade and chucking it at the archer. Nailing her in the shoulder. The archer cried and dropped to her knees.

"Neat trick," Zee said from behind her. They were holding a large sword paired with a shield. "But now you're weaponless." With that they swiped at Alex who quickly backflipped out of range. Landing in a kneeling position, Alex silently held out her hand and throwing knife flee out of the archer's shoulder returning to Alex's hand. After a quick spin, the blade transform back into a square blade just in time for Alex to deflect Zee's incoming strike.

"What the fuck?!" Zee exclaimed in surprise.

"Magic," Alex shrugged before quickly knocking their shield aside and after transforming her blade into a baton knocked out Zee.

"Round two?" Alex heard from behind her. Turning she saw Scarlett standing there with her glaive. The younger Knight was the last person standing of the Alpha squad. Maggie and Reina stood to the side. Reina was shaking with her barely suppressed protective rage. Alex tilted her head to the side and took in Scarlett.

"You sure you can handle it?" she asked smirking.

"Positive," Scarlett grinned back before lunging at Alex. Who in turn deflecting the blow, spinning out of reach. After exchanging a number of blows, Alex managed to the knock the polearm out of the way enough to get close to her opponent and place her blade against Scarlett's neck.

"Dammit," Scarlett muttered.

A whistle sounded again. "That's enough!" Maggie shouted.

Alex turned to the short butch. "That enough for you?" she demanded. Maggie nodded looking around at the squad who were lying prone on the ground in varying levels of consciousness.

"Yeah, let's get the witches and healers in here to deal with this lot. We have some more training to do if we're going to take down the Royal Blood Pack."