Chapter Twenty-Two-Alex

(A/N: Bold in quotations is texting.)

"We're outside. 😊" Alex frowned at the text on her phone. It was from Reina on a group chat that the three mates had created.

"Outside where?" Alex replied.

"Your house. Duh. We're kidnapping you! 😊 😊 😊 😊" Dana said punctuating each sentence as its own text.

"And if I don't want to be kidnapped?" Alex sent as she pulled on her jacket and gathered her belongings.

"You don't have a choice." Reina said.

"WE'RE GOING ON A DATE!!!!!!" Dana texted. Alex smiled at her phone.

"At 8pm?" Alex sent as she started to look for one of foster moms to let them know that she was leaving.

"Yes."

"Yaaas."

Alex chuckled at the texts as she found Emma and Grace in the kitchen.

"Hey guys, I'm going out for a bit," Alex said.

"Oh, with that pretty Reina and her girlfriend?" Grace teased.

Alex rolled her eyes to disguise the thumping of her heart, "yes. We're just going to hang out."

The two women exchanged a smile before Emma spoke to her foster daughter, "have fun. Be safe. I remember being in high school and going to 'hang out' with girlfriends."

Ignoring the double entendre, Alex left and went out to Reina's waiting car.

Alex slid into the back seat and greeted the two of them.

"Where are we going?" Alex asked as she buckled up.

"Crazy," Reina answered as she pulled out onto the street and began to drive.

"It's a surprise!" Dana said turning halfway in the passenger seat to grin at Alex.

Alex rolled her eyes. "Can I get a hint?"

"No," Dana said at the same as Reina responded with.

"Yes."

Dana gave her a mock glare which Reina returned briefly before returning her attention to the road.

"No hints." Dana said firmly in her best Edna Mode impression.

"Ok, Edna. Can I try guessing?" Alex suggested. Dana shrugged.

"Sure. I won't tell you if you're right or not though," she said.

"K. I guess dinner and movie." Alex said.

Dana let out a fake gasp, "what! Do you think we're cliché?"

I think your something. Alex thought smiling slightly.

"Hint: its somewhere really fun." Reina said grinning into the rearview mirror. Dana lightly punched her arm.

"I said no hints!" she pouted.

"That doesn't help that much. Some people think drugs are really fun." Alex shrugged.

"We're not doing drugs," Reina said firmly.

"Oh! I love this song!" Dana exclaimed turning up the stereo which was playing "Thks fr th mmrs" by Fall Out Boy.

Reina and Dana began loudly singing along with the track while Alex shyly hummed long though she did join them to sing along with.

"Thanks for the memories even though they weren't so great"

Finally, a couple minutes and a couple more Fall Out Boy songs later they arrived at their destination. An arcade.