The X-Impulse

Sometime during the night, Elena was awakened by a telepathic message from her father.

"Elena, prep the blackbird. There's a young girl whose abilities have been activated."

"Sure. Who is the girl?"

"Her name is Kitty Pryde, she's fifteen, and she lives in Northbrook, Illinois," He answered.

"Just let me get dressed first."

"I'll see you then."

Elena removed the arm from around her waist and the cover before swinging her legs to sit on the edge of the bed and stretching out her arms and yawning.

Logan wakes up, "Where are you going?"

"Illinois. There's a girl there whose abilities just activated, and Dad wants me to go get the blackbird ready, and sorry about waking you up," she replied.

"Don't worry about it and just come back in one piece, alright?"

"Alright and call me if you need me," Elena smiled before kissing him on the cheek, and he went back to sleep. Elena showered, brushed her teeth and hair before she went over to her closet, and took out her outfit.

Elena went down to the hangar and prepped the blackbird for the trip. Sometime later, Her dad and Jean came down, and they were off. While traveling in the Blackbird, Jean asks questions.

"Why just me and Elena? Why not all of us?" She asked.

"Because you and Elena are the ones who can connect with this girl," Xavier answered.

"I hope so. But how are we handling the other kid Cerebro spied out? The one in the foster home."

"Yes. Lance Alvers. Let me worry about that. I'd like you and Elena to focus on Kitty's parents. Remember, you're models of what we're offering them. No pressure.," He told them.

"And to think I passed up a nice, relaxing midterm for this," Jean muttered.

The three arrived at the girl's home and talked to her parents.

"What are you talking about? How do you know Kitty?" Kitty's mom asked.

"Please, may we come in for a moment? We'll answer all your questions-"

"Excuse me, miss," Kitty's dad interrupted Jean," You can talk to us out here."

"Very well. I think you know Kitty is going through a very unique transition. We simply want to help her through it. Why don't you tell us about last night?" Xavier asked.

"Last night is none of your business! Please, just leave us alone," Kitty's dad said before he and his wife went into their house and shut the door behind them.

"Next time let's just call and get hung up on. Less hassle," Jean suggested.

"You'll need to make contact with Kitty directly, at her school," Xavier told them.

After arriving at Kitty's school, Jean and Elena found her outside on the track field with her gym class. Kitty then runs off towards the school and bumps into Jean before moving around them and running off. They follow her into the school's auditorium, and they saw her phasing her hand through a bowl on the floor.

"Kitty? Kitty, are you all right?" Elena asked.

"That rah-rah Riley a friend of yours? Because I had nothing to do with what happened in the sandpit," Kitty told them as he got up and walked back to one of the fake walls, and picked up the mask hanging on the wall.

"We know. And we're not Riley's friends," Elena told her.

"Well, you two look like you'd be her friends," Kitty said before holding the mask up to her face.