Rogue Recruit

In the danger room control room, everyone watches the monitors as Logan dressed as a ninja sneaks into the institute via the air ducts. When he drops into the attic from the air duct, he is met by Storm, who summons a gust of wind causing a window to open, but he then escapes by going back into the air ducts. Storm then sends a flash flood into the air ducts, flushing Logan into the danger room.

Storm joins them in the control room and speaks through the intercom, "You look a little flushed, and the forecast isn't good."

He lunges at her and is frozen. While breaking out of his frosty confinement, "Now, that was cold."

"Then let's warm you up," Storm then nods her head, signaling Elena to press a button. A machine comes out of the wall and fires a laser at Logan. He manages to dodge the laser, lands on top, and plunges his claw into it causing it to explode. Logan is sent flying back and is able to land on his feet.

"Gotta connect first. Got any other party tricks?" Logan asked.

Elena presses another button. A machine comes out from the center of the floor. Three claws come out from it and begin to rotate at a high speed. Logan dodges the claws before he gets to the center and digs his claws in and shreds the wires.

"Stop! It is, at the moment, as much as we can afford, Wolverine," Xavier said as the machine powered down.

Logan removes his mask and says, "Hey, when I give a demo, I give a demo." He then walks to the elevator to join them in the control room.

"Is that demo as in "demolish" or "demonstration"? What was the point?" Scott asked.

"The point of this, Scott, was to teach you about finding the weak points in sophisticated security systems," Elena replied.

"That's right, bub. And I'd say ours needs a little work," Logan said as he walks into the room.

"That was tight. I give it two thumbs up," Kurt said cheerfully, hanging upside down with his tail wrapped around something on the ceiling.

"The vents were pretty easily breached. We'll need to fix that. Maybe electrify them or install poison gas sprayers," Logan suggested.

"Wolverine," Storm said in a stern tone.

"All right. All right. Knockout gas, then."

"Honestly Logan, why do you have to choose the more violent route of things?" Elena asked.

"Is it just me, or is anyone else, like, seriously freaked by all this?" Kitty asked, but everyone just looked at her, "Oh, right. It's just me? Great."

"Relax, Kitty. You'll be fine," Kurt teleports sitting to her left, "We're right beside you," he teleports to her right Popcorn?" he offered, "Oops. Sorry. Next time, I'll honk before I port."

"Whatever. Look, guys, it's late.

If it's no biggie to you I'm gonna, like, drop out," Kitty said as she phased through the floor.

"She's fully not into the fuzzy dude, not that I really blame her," Kurt hangs his head low.

Jean places a hand on his shoulder, "She just needs time, Kurt. She'll come around."

Xavier comes into the control room and tells them, "X-Men, we have an emergency. Scott, get the Blackbird prepped for launch. And since it's a weekend, assemble the full team."

"Yes, sir. What's the mission?" He asked.

"Cerebro has detected a new mutant in Caldecott County, Mississippi. My mental impressions from the scene indicate a highly disturbed individual. Our mutant is a danger to herself and possibly others as well. X- Men, we have a rogue."