Lena shifted the bookbag, unused to carrying something on her back.

Shaun was following at a distance, respecting that Lena wanted to have a picnic with her dog, and was merely being cautious in Bailey's stead, who would get to the park in a couple of minutes.

Lena stopped suddenly when she realized that Kara had stopped walking beside her, and looked back towards the puppy.

Kara was looking towards the edge of the lake, where there were a couple of pigeons and squirrels and ducks sharing a large pile of bread. Kara's droopy ears had perked up the slightest amount. The puppy pulled on the leash to go towards the group of critters, making Lena sigh. Lena allowed Kara to walk towards the group, keeping a close eye on the golden.

Lena watched as Kara sniffed at a couple of the ducks and pigeons, all of whom froze up, minus one brown duck, who nosed Kara's snout. Lena couldn't help but notice that Kara didn't dare approach the squirrels, keeping her distance from the bushy-tailed animals.

Lena laughed out loud when the pigeons lunged at Kara, seemingly snapping out of their frozen state. The puppy let out a yelp before rushing to Lena, hiding behind the brunette's legs.

"Oh, honey." Lena looked down at the puppy who looked up at her. "They are more scared of you."

Kara huffed, before barking towards the pigeons, who cooed and flapped their wings in her direction.

"Come on, let's go find a place to sit down."

---------------------------------------------------

A couple of minutes later, they made their way towards a large grassy field, where a lot of people were already settled. Little children were running around the grass, teenagers playing with frisbees, or playing soccer, or playing catch. Couples were also having picnics, and families all around. Lena could smell food in the air, seeing a couple of small grills in the distance. She looked down when she heard Kara sniffing, seeing the puppy's snout facing up, her pink nose twitching.

Kara could also smell the food.

Lena grimaced as she spotted a couple aggressively making out on a blanket. "Seriously? In front of children?"

Shaking her head, she walked along the edge of the grassy field, before deciding that it was better to sit under a tree.

Her pale skin would thank her for it.

It took a couple of seconds of arranging the blanket, making sure she wouldn't be sitting on dirt. She took off the backpack, placing it on the edge of the blanket.

Lena let out a relieved sigh as she sat down, resting her back against the tree. Kara sat down in front of her, pawing at the bookbag.

With a chuckle, Lena opened the bookbag, and took out Kara's shark toy, tossing it onto the grass next to the blanket. Kara yipped before leaping towards the toy, starting to bite at it, making the plastic bottle inside apparent.

Lena breathed in deeply, the fresh air feeling wonderful.

This is exactly what she needed.

She couldn't remember the last time she had visited a park. Even during her days in Metropolis, she was always working in a lab, and once she became CEO, taking any time to herself had taken a backseat to improving L-Corp.

Lena heard her phone ping, making her reach for it in her pocket, noticing that she had received an email from 'N. C. Puppy School '.

'Oh that's right, we have a class on Friday.' Lena tapped on the email, curious about what the class entailed. Kara was her first dog, so she never went through training a puppy.