Day with Lena

Lena's Penthouse

"So, I already organized your stuff, and I don't have any extra work to do. So what should we do now?" Lena asked, sounding out of breath. Kara sat down in front of her, panting as well, a tennis ball by her paws.

She had played with Kara for an hour, and she was already tired. God, she was so unathletic.

"I need to work out more," Lena breathed in deeply. She glanced down at Kara, who was now laying down and looking up at her. Lena looked towards her windows, where she could see that it was a sunny and lovely day.

"What about the park?" Kara stood up again, her tail wagging furiously. "Yeah, it would be nice to have a picnic outside. Get some fresh air."

Kara picked up the ball. "And play." The ball let out a squeak as Kara bit down on it.

Lena picked up her phone. 'I may as well call Shaun and tell him to pick us up in an hour and see what I have in the fridge for a picnic.' Lena tapped on Shaun's contact.

--------------------------------------------

Kara couldn't help but trail happily after Lena as the brunette walked along the large window panes of the living room, the tennis ball in her mouth. She could see that it was going to be a lovely Sunday. The sun was shining brightly with a couple of small clouds sprinkled throughout the blue sky.

'We're going to the park!... We're going to the park!' Kara chanted in her mind. 'Never thought I would be so excited to go to the park!'

"Good morning Shaun...Yes, I'm doing great this morning. How about you?...Wonderful. I was hoping you could drive us to National City Park...Oh, you're already here? Great. We'll be down in about twenty minutes...Thank you so much, Shaun." Lena hung up then glanced towards Kara, whose tail started to wag quickly.

"Well, we're going on a picnic, Kara. Let's get ready." Lena walked towards her kitchen to get lunch for Kara and herself. 'Yes!' Kara cheered, following Lena.

It would be great to have lunch in the park.

It took almost exactly ten minutes to get everything ready. Lena found a couple of sandwiches ready to go in the fridge, making her raise an eyebrow but she shrugged it off. She stored a good amount of Kara's kibble in a plastic container and made sure to take another plastic container to act as a water bowl. She filled three thermoses with cold water. She placed everything in her black backpack, which she left on the couch in the living room, then went towards her room's closet to get ready.

She changed out of her sweatpants and long sleeve and into her comfortable jeans and a short-sleeved blouse. She quickly put in her contacts and put on her shoes, grabbed her sunscreen from one of her drawers, before walking back towards the living room, where she found Kara sitting patiently in her dog bed by the couch.

Lena walked over to the piles of do toys she had sorted earlier. "Here, girl. What toy do you want to take?" Kara walked towards the piles of toys, nosing the rope toys, then the small frisbee, before settling on the toy the shape of a shark that has a water bottle inside.

Kara picked up the toy in her mouth, and then looked up at Lena, blue eyes shining.

---------------------------------------------

National City Park

The blue leash hung loosely as Kara walked alongside Lena on the path beside the lake, the same path they had walked the day before.

The car ride had gone smoothly, with Shaun ready with the SUV. It took awhile for them to find parking since it seems that the lovely day drew countless people to the park.