Chapter Eight

"We are done for today." Snape drawled, "Class dismissed."

"Hey just so you know," Adrian said, "I'm glad you sat with me, even if it wasn't your first choice."

"Yeah sure Adrian," you absentmindedly responded, not even registering how nice Pucey was being to you, "see you tomorrow."

You packed up your stuff and waited by the door for your friends and eventually they met up with you at the exit. 

Angelina came up to you first and was also the first to speak to you "Lee and are headed to Divination right now but we will talk later okay?" she said. 

Reading Angelina's face you could tell she was referring to the whole seating situation. You nodded in response and immediately after, she and Lee dashed up the stairs and out of the dungeons making their way to the North Tower for Divination.

"Hey," said Fred, "how was sitting with that git Pucey?"

"It was fine, I just thought that you and I were going to sit together."

"Me too," said Fred, "I would have told her to move but she's new and all, and I would've felt kinda bad kicking her out."

As you walked up the stairs beside Fred on your left, Katie caught up and walked up the stairs on your right side, talking into your ear as she climbed them.

"I want to talk about what happened with Dilla but she's right behind us," she whispered, "Anyways," Katie returned to her normal tone, "I have McGonagall right now and George has Binns, either of you going in that direction?"

"Sorry Katie," said Fred, "I have Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid but today we don't have class because he said he still has to collect more of our first assignment, whatever that means."

"Yeah I'm not going down that direction either Katie," you said apologetically. Katie was always very frazzled on her first day and you felt bad that you couldn't be with her for more of it. Once you had all reached the top of the stairs George and Katie took and right to head their classes while you and Fred went left.

"Bye guys," George yelled out, waving before turning and heading to class along with Katie.

"So where are you headed?" asked Fred, "I'll walk you."

"I have a study block right now," you responded, "but we don't have much to study yet so I guess I'll just wander around or go hang out in the common room."

You had barely gotten the words out of your mouth when Fred grabbed your wrist and pulled you into a dark corner you had never seen.

"Fred wh-" but before you could ask where you were Fred leaned in and cupped your face with his right hand catching you completely off guard. His touch made it feel like you lost the ability to finish your sentence. Your knees suddenly felt extremely weak as he slowly stroked your cheek with his thumb. Even though the corner was practically pitch black, you could feel Fred's face right in front of you. 

"Wanna kill some time with me?" Fred asked. You could tell by his tone that he was wearing a soft smile.

Your heart practically beat out of your chest at his words and the low octave of his voice.

"So this, this is not just a drunk in the common room thing?" you asked, shocked that you were able to get the words out.

"Honestly, I don't know what this is," said Fred, "but what I do know is that I like you," he said pausing and taking a breath before continuing, "And if you like me too maybe we figure out what we are? Together?"

You didn't answer him but leaned in and kissed him, Fred now being the one caught off guard. Soon after you initiated the kiss Fred gripped your waist and pulled you closer to him. You tangled your fingers in his hair and held his neck. While your lips continued to be interlocked with each other, Fred's long arms found the backs of your thighs, grabbed onto them, and picked you up with ease. Fred pushed your back against the wall, the only thing holding you up was his force against you, keeping you pressed between him and the wall. You moaned as he caressed your thighs, his fingers touch sending shivers down your spine as you continued to kiss him. You moved from Fred's mouth to his cheek, planting soft kisses on his freckled skin until you reached his earlobe. You lightly bit it, making him moan with pleasure into your shoulder.

You soon made your way down to his neck, licking and sucking on it, determined to leave marks. You continued to do so when you felt Fred shudder with enjoyment. While you did so, you felt your tie loosen and fall to the ground. Shortly after, you felt movement on and around your shirt. Fred was trying desperately to unbutton it but the combination of his long fingers and shakiness wouldn't allow him to get more than one button undone. Still sucking on his neck, you blindly yet swiftly undid all of the buttons holding your shirt together. You then made your way back to Fred's lips.

"Holy fuck," he stuttered into your lips, "that was so hot, you're just so hot oh my god."

Fred suddenly broke away from your kiss and began to hungrily kiss your chest, working from the bottom up until he reached right under your ear, a sweet spot you were now discovering that you had. Before you could express this to Fred you suddenly heard noise directly outside of the small alley, making the both of you stop dead in your tracks. Someone was crying or sounded like they were on the verge of doing so. 

"What do we do," you whispered to him, you still being pressed against the wall.

"I'll go check to see whoever it is left, okay?" he reassured you. Fred took your weight off of the wall, momentarily held you, and placed you onto the ground. Him putting you on the ground made you realize how high up you just were.

Fred exited, looking for the person who could have easily busted them. You quickly rebuttoned your shirt, retied your tie, and fixed your hair. Then you left the small hallway, ready to look for the noise along with Fred. Plus, you wouldn't dare be caught by a teacher or student for that matter in that alley, looking the way you did. 

You saw Fred and ran over to him, "Hey what happened? I think whoever it was walked away and didn't hear us."

Fred turned to you, revealing that he was not alone. Standing across from him was none other than Dilla.

"What's going on?" you asked, not bothering to hide that you were annoyed.

"Well," Dilla sniffled, "I was confused about where my next class was and I asked this group of 7th years where it was, thinking they would help me. Instead, they laughed at me, called me an "American Idiot," and smacked the books out of my hands!" and with that Dilla's hands flew to her face and covered it as she erupted into loud sobs.

Fred put a hand on Dilla's shoulder and attempted to soothe her, "Dilla it's okay, maybe you should head back to the common room and drink some water?"

Dilla wiped away her tears and looked up at Fred. "Thank you so much," she sighed, "I feel so much better already." and then, to Fred and yours shock, Dilla threw her hands around Fred, forcing him into a hug.

"Thank you for being such a great friend Fred," she said, still hugging him. You saw that her eyes were closed and a large smile filled her face.

Your fists tightened and you could practically feel smoke coming out of your ears.