Chapter Twenty

You and Fred eventually walked back to and entered Gryffindor's tower. The common room was now less crowded so Katie, Angelina, Lee, and George were easy to find. They were all still standing in the same place when you had left them earlier. You and Fred began to walk over to them but as you did you saw Dilla. She was leaning against the fireplace, arms crossed and sneering right at you. Without any warning, you changed directions and walked towards her. Your confrontation couldn't wait.

"Thought you didn't want me near you?" Dilla laughed haughtily.

"Yeah and you would think not using a potion on me would be implied with that," you said, "but apparently not."

"A potion? That's your excuse for kissing MY boyfriend," she said, "I knew you were dumb of course, but not that dumb. I pity that poor Fred has to deal with your stupidity. He probably just feels too bad to break up with you." Dilla said, sporting a smirk.

"Oh that's it," you mumbled to yourself. You suddenly leaned forward and grabbed Dilla's arm yanking her towards you.

"Aw," she frowned, cocking her head to one side, "and if I did slip a potion in your drink, what are you going to do about it?"

You pulled your fist back, ready to show Dilla what you were going to do about it. 

You suddenly heard a scream across the room.

It was Katie.

You released your grip on Dilla's arm and sprinted in the direction that you heard Katie scream from. When you reached where your small group of friends was, it was no longer a small group but instead a large circle, with nearly everyone in the room now a part of it. You pushed past people, set on getting to the center to see what was happening. You managed to get past quite a few people when you ran into Katie herself.

"What's going on?" you asked, concernedly, "Are you okay? I heard you scream."

"I can't bear watching it. Go see for yourself," she said anxiously, before hurrying out of the crowd, Angelina running right past you and after Katie.

Katie's words had only increased your anxiety. You quickly pushed past a few more people, finally reaching the center and seeing what was happening.

Fred stood at the center of the circle. Adrian across from him. Fred's mouth was slightly puffy and dripping blood while Adrian's right eye was black and quickly swelling shut. They had been fighting.

"Don't flatter yourself, Adrian." Fred said, "There was a potion in her drink. She thought it was me, not you."

"Yeah? How sure are you?" Adrian taunted, "I'm sure if your friends hadn't come along and ruined the moment, we would have done more than a kiss. I sure would have and by how that kiss was going, she seemed to want to, maybe even more than I did."

Adrian's words hit Fred like a truck.

"PUCEY YOU DICK," Fred roared, lunging at Adrian and tackling him onto the ground. You watched as Fred pulled his fist back, aiming for Adrian's other eye but before he released his fist Adrian turned his head looking right at you.

"She may have thought she was seeing you," Adrian said, his eyes still on you, and to your absolute horror he continued, "but it was me she was kissing and my touch she was feeling, and believe me when I say this, she loved every single second of it."

Despite Adrian looking at you when he said it, Fred still had not noticed that you were there and watching. He was too blinded by his rage which was only worsened by Adrian's words. He pummeled his fist into Adrian's eye, hitting it with a loud and final sounding THWACK. Adrian just lay there on his back, groaning in pain.