ex // yukihira soma

2020.12.16
ex - stray kids

my words on that particularly cold day
my yawns were particularly many on that day
being busy became my excuse on more than just a day or two
in the end it became obvious my feelings for you were gone

it was raining. the couple sat on the bench provided by the bus stop. even though they were together, they sat a few distances away from each other.

even though soma was the one who asked [name] to meet up with him, he stayed silent, letting out a few yawns here and there.

"so," [name] started. "why'd you ask to meet up here? i thought you were busy." she jabbed, suddenly finding the leather of her boots interesting. they both knew that him being busy for the past few days was a complete excuse. though, why did she even bother to ask when she already knows what's going to happen?

i left you with just the words i'm sorry
writing out our sad ending with trembling hands
after i sent you away i was left in pain
it was all my fault, so why am i hurting?

all of a sudden, soma stood up, causing the female to look at him. he looked back at her and said the words that were the reason of their meeting.

"i don't love you anymore. im sorry."

[name] looked blank, to say the least. but, to his surprise, she stood up and put forward her trembling hand.

with his equally trembling one, he took hers, and they shook each other's hand.

and with that, they both turned around and walked away from each other, getting soaked in the rain.

he didn't notice the tears that fell down his cheeks, but he most definitely felt the aching of his heart.

i didn’t even thank you in the end
just left behind sharp words in a trembling voice
even if i act like everything is fine, i can’t lie
about this longing making me regret it all

it's been a few days since the breakup. their last moments together keep replaying in the back of his head. he kept reflecting on what he said; on how he managed to say those words all too bluntly, even with his trembling voice.

they didn't have a proper closure. he didn't even thank her.

even though it was his decision to break up, even though it was him who fell out of love, why does he feel so much regret?

i search for your in our broken memories
even when i grasp one all i remember is your tears
i must have really lost my mind, i’m not sure
if i can take all this time without you, in the end you’re all i had
i really had lost my mind

all he has done in the past few days was remember [name]'s presence. but because of him being "busy" most of the time throughout the last part of their relationship, it has led to multiple arguments, leaving the female crying.

before things have gone down, [name] was his salvation. now that she isn't by his side, he's not sure if he could still be sane.

i guess i really didn’t realize, it’s so hard to breathe
when i’m not with you, what did i have so much faith in to do that?
i had really lost it that day

without even realizing it, he started to cry.

he couldn't live without her. how did he even manage to fall out of love when she was the one who kept him going, when she was the one who really believed in him?

he must've gone crazy to do that.

but, the past is the past, and he can't undo all his regrets.

lowkey writing all my frustrations away bc school sucks hehe also pls stan skz you wont regret it