lucky // tadokoro megumi

2021.02.13

"...ryoko? check! yuki? check!" [name] listed off, smiling at the paper that she was holding... specifically, the name that was written on it.

'alright! last one is..."

"[name]-chan!" the said girl's thoughts were interrupted at the soft exclamation of her name. she turned around to see the person who she was going to look for.

"megumi!" she exclaimed with glee, smiling at the bluenette whose cheeks were now a bright red at the sight in front of her.

"happy valentine's day, megumi!" [name] greeted, handing megumi a box of chocolates. "i made those myself, so i hope you like them." she added, scratching her cheek with a finger.

megumi took the box with jittery hands.

"t-thank you..." she quietly thanked, but was internally panicking at how jittery she was.

"you're welcome!" [name] smiled.

the two stood, facing each other.

"oh-!" megumi suddenly exclaimed, then started scrambling around the bag she brought with her.

"i-i like you...!" she shyly confessed bowing at a 90 degree angle as she held out the box with two hands.

once megumi realised what she had blurted out due to her nervousness, she felt as though she died inside.

'oh no! what do i do now? i don't want our friendship to be ruined because of me...' she thought, not noticing she was on the verge of tears.

she only snapped out of it as she felt another pair of hands hold her shaking ones gently. she raised her head a bit and noticed that [name] had a soft smile gracing her lips.

"i like you too, megumi." she confessed, pink tinting her cheeks.

overwhelmed, megumi pulled [name] into a hug as she burst into tears. the [hair color]-haired female didn't hesitate to hug back.

"why are you crying?" she asked out of concern, drawing circles onto the bluenette's back.

"i-i'm just so happy...!" megumi cried out. "i thought you'd reject me and get disgusted at the fact that i like girls and i really didn't want our friendship to end because of what i just blurted out and—"

"megumi," [name] called out, making the bluenette look at her. "why would i be disgusted at you liking girls? it's your heart and your feelings that matter. it just proves that you love someone wholeheartedly, regardless of their gender." she said, wiping away the girl's tears with her thumb. "besides, what's not there about you to love?" she added, smiling wider as megumi's cheeks flushed deeper.

"all in all, i'd say that i'm lucky that your heart chose to love me." she finished, still wiping away megumi's tears, using both her thumbs this time. she was basically cupping her cheeks at this point.

"i love you so much, [name]-chan." megumi said, smiling, and hugged the [hair color]-haired girl tighter.

[name] smiled at her once again, parting megumi's bangs to plant a kiss onto her forehead.

"i love you too."

pretend they're conveniently at a garden under a sakura tree and the sun was setting or something, yeah?

anyways i wrote this immediately after realising that i haven't updated for almost a month🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️ the things genshin does to me,, AND ADVANCED HAPPY VALENTINES DAY HEHEHEHEHEHE