🦋🏆Vampire Winners🏆🦋

Here are our winners. Congratulations guys. Please DM us your emails so that you can receive your stickers, don't forget to mention your placement and your category.

🏆Third (3rd) Place🏆

🥉lynxcassae The Mortal Queen

Title: 5/5
Cover: 5/5
Genre: 5/5
Blurb: 3/5
Introduction: 4/10
Grammar/Punctuation: 15/20
Spelling/Vocabulary: 16/20
Plot: 22/30
Character Development: 8/10
Description: 6/10
Connection: 4/5
Effective Literary Devices: 8/10
Originality: 3/5
Overall Enjoyment: 7/10
Total: 111/150

FionaCakes91 What I liked about this book was the writer's sense of humour and the fact that I could relate to having an annoying little sibling, that part felt nice. The introduction was cute with the MC's stepbrothers pranking her and just rubbing her the wrong way, but other than that the intro was bland. I, as the reader knew this book was about vampires, show me something that will make me want to embark on an epic journey. The intro was a let down for me, I felt that chapter 2 would have made a better intro. I saw the usage of literary devices, that was excellent on the writer's part, they just fell short on the punctuations and spellings, but that's nothing a little editing can't fix. The blurb also needs revamping. I liked the characters, they just need a little more polishing. I thought the descriptions could have been a little better. When you can get away with not having much description in another genre you can't with fantasy/paranormal. The plot was decent, it had the elements of being epic, I almost wrote the book off in the excitement department but it picked up in chapter 3, just try and had a bit of flare in the intro/first chapter, it doesn't have to be heart-racing/adrenaline pumping, but you can just give the readers a taste of what is to come. Even with all my findings I still enjoyed this book and that is huge, it's simply showing the writer that the book is awesome it just needs a few adjustments and it'll be good to go.

🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉

🏆Second (2nd) Place🏆

🥈JabreelWilson The Law Of Beasts

Title: 5/5
Cover: 5/5
Genre: 4/5
Blurb: 5/5
Introduction: 8/10
Grammar/Punctuation: 18/20
Spelling/Vocabulary: 19/20
Plot: 29/30
Character Development: 8/10
Description:10/10
Connection: 4/5
Effective Literary Devices: 10/10
Originality: 5/5
Overall Enjoyment: 8/10
Total: 138/150

FionaCakes91 This was a well thought out plot. It was very unique, it exuded with imagination which complimented the author's gift of writing and creating fascinating stories. I loved the way the writer painted past historical events as vampiric happenings. This book was like dirty politics for vampire/beasts, as there were mentions of other supernaturals. I do not want to give any spoilers away, but I was fascinated by the chapter called Illuminated Ones, where Alicia gave her depiction of tourists not respecting the tombs of the Pharaohs and how they were probably not resting so peacefully in their graves because no one respected what they did when they reigned. Someone commented that they did not get the chapter, but not everyone possesses the capability of grasping knowledge or in this case, reading between the lines. Alicia's character was very complex and intriguing to me. Why? Because even though she had been around for thousands and thousands of years, I felt that she still could not read humanity well. She watches and observes them trying to figure out why they do what they do. There were minor grammatical errors, but with editing, it will be perfect and I did see a few typos. The one thing I found that I did not like about this book was that the plot was too slow, I am all for slow burns but I read up to 20 chapters and I did not see anything mindblowing. It was all still intriguing and I wanted to read on, but try and incorporate a big bang in one of the earlier chapters; say have someone threaten Alicia anonymously and have her on the edge, so in the meantime, while she is giving us an account of historical events and giving us a glimpse of what the Law of Beasts entails, we, the readers can have an exciting side plot to undertake with Alicia.

🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈🥈

🏆First (1st) Place🏆

🥇bored_mama Dandelion

Title: 5/5
Cover: 5/5
Genre: 5/5
Blurb: 5/5
Introduction: 10/10
Grammar/Punctuation: 18/20
Spelling/Vocabulary: 19/20
Plot: 29/30
Character Development: 10/10
Description: 9/10
Connectivity: 5/5
Effective Literary Device: 9/10
Originality: 4/5
Overall Enjoyment: 10/10
Total: 143/150

FionaCakes91 I was hooked from the very first sentence of the blurb, A dark unmoving silhouette at the corner of the room, watching his precious flower...sleep. I was like, YASSSSS! This is what I'm talking about. Then I read the prologue; it was thrilling, eerie, sensual, it was everything I want my imaginary vampire man to be like; creepy, sexy and all about worshipping me. That's what I got from the prologue. The first chapter that followed was amazing, apart from the minor grammatical errors, it kept my interest and I wanted to see him with her and her with him... I was just dying for them to meet. Then came Dustin and he was ruthless and smug and the whole chapter was just crazy and dark, I hated what he did to Riley though and I was so pleased that Dustin was not the Him from the prologue and then Jake swoons in. I loved their meet-cute encounter when they were 7 and how she became his Dandelion, that was beautiful... I also appreciated the romantic factor in this story, but it still did not take away from the dark plotline. I seriously enjoyed this book. It was excellent.