Chapter 23: Divided

*WARNING*: This chapter discusses themes of emotional trauma as well as abuse of power. Viewer discretion is advised please!

Friday.

A day Isen couldn't get enough of.

He was thrilled to finally hear the bell ring and rush out of his classroom. The students of Wellston also poured out into the narrow halls, happy to finally be able to get up and stretch their tired legs.

The weekend sounded great to everyone right now as the week had been nothing but stressful.

Unfortunately, it would have to wait.

Isen stopped in the hallway as he saw a crowd forming.

He pushed to through and saw two students being backed into a wall by an adult. The man had dark grey hair combed over his head and burning orange eyes. The two young boys looked terrified as they cowered in fear of the man who appeared to be yelling in their faces.

The orange haired teen decided to get closer, his curiosity peaking him.

His eyes widened the more he heard of the conversation, the man getting progressively more violent. "How blind can you brats get?! Why can't any of you low tiers do anything by yourselves?! Even now, you're hiding behind your friend instead of facing me!"

A mid tier with wavy light red hair and slate irises, whom Isen recognized as Rehan, shrunk down as his younger friend cowered in pure terror behind him. While Rehan was a sophomore, his friend Milo was a freshman.

From what Isen could hear from whispering students, the ocean haired low tier had accidentally bumped into the man, dropping his lunch on the floor as the duo walked.

The man had gone ballistic on the two and now, the mid tier was trying to shield Milo from his wrath.

Rehan held his hands up, trying to ease the situation. "Sir, please! Milo would never try to bother anyone! He didn't mean to bump into you-" The teen turned his face away as the man got closer, yelling in his face.

"I don't care you stupid mid tier! Your friend is nothing but a pest and should be dealt with accordingly! Now, get out of my damn way!" Milo was almost in tears now, trying to tell Rehan to stop and leave.

Milo didn't want him to suffer because of his mistake.

But, the mid tier refused to move, still keeping himself firmly between the towering man and his friend. "N-No."

Rehan yelped as the man grabbed his collar. "I said GET OUT OF MY DAMN WAY!"

Milo cried out to the teen as the man flung him to the side like a rag doll. The mid tier didn't even shout as he harshly smacked against the lockers and slumped to the floor, unmoving.

Isen's eyes went wide before they narrowed in rage. He was practically seeing red at this point. These two were just kids! They didn't have the strength or the will to fight off against an adult!

He pushed through the crowd and ran forward, pushing the adult away from the freshman and the unconscious mid tier.

Isen was shaking with anger, steam practically coming out of his ears as he grabbed the man's shirt collar, yanking him up.

"How DARE you! Have you no f*cking shame?! They're just kids! They can't and won't fight back against you! What could you possibly have to gain from hurting a kid and his friend who made a harmless mistake?!"

He let the vile man go, shoving him back. "You sick excuse for an adult! Stop acting like a f*cking toddler and actually do something useful with yourself!" The man looked over to him as he straightened up, orange eyes beginning to glow.