Chapter 43: Taken for Granted

Monday.

F*cking Monday.

If there was a day that Isen hated more than people sometimes, it would be the starting day of the business week that promised him doom and gloom and whatever other -oom he could think of.

He slowly sat up in bed like a zombie rising from the grave, eye bags packed and ready to go as his alarm cried out to him the time.

In an almost robotic-like fashion, he tapped the off button on the clock to finally get it to shut up.

The duel haired teen slowly peered over the edge of the bed to gaze down at his friend who despite being on his back, was staring at the ceiling like it had committed a felony.

If Blyke tried hard enough and if he actually had the capacity for it, he could probably shoot lasers through it with his eyes.

Isen tried to get his hand to reach over but apparently, his motor functions had yet to completely return to him. So instead, he resorted to his voice which, quite frankly, wasn't that much better either.

"Bike...Bike are nu up?"

The teen in question slowly turned his head with the most 'what the f*ck' face ever. His voice was low and laced with as much exhaustion as Isen felt. "One...does it look like I'm awake? Two...do I look like I have handle bars and a set of tires?"

Isen was silent for a minute, slowly blinking at his friend Blyke could practically see the gears turning and swore he smelled smoke. "No...wait, maybe-..."

The redhead huffed before thwacking Isen over the head with his pillow, the other barely even reacting with nothing more than a small 'ouch.'

Blyke slowly got up and carefully stretched, being mindful of his arm. "Ugh...get up dumb*ss...we have school and if I recall correctly, the weather called for snow. So if we want to make it on time or risk suffering the wrath of the cops heading detention, we better get moving."

The only reply Blyke got was Isen tipping off the bed like an idiot, landing on the floor with a loud thud followed by a groan. "5 more minutes..."

Blyke deadpanned before grabbing Isen by the ankles and dragging him out of their room to the dorms kitchen area. "Isen, quit being dramatic. Move your *ss already."

The other teen only groaned again, trying to claw his nails into the floorboards like a damn cat. It did little to slow them down as Blyke was a man on a mission. "Noooooo...lemme sleeeeep...!"

Though Blyke now started to realized just how impossible this mission actually was.

.

.

.

After much coaxing and a promise to buy them breakfast at the cafe, Blyke finally managed to get out the door with Isen trailing behind him.

The two of them had layered on a coat each and Isen had a scarf tucked around his throat. Blyke hefted his bag over his shoulders, Isen doing the same and they both made their way out of the dorms.

Outside though, the world had been turned into a snow globe.

Fluffy white flakes delicately swirled around them, entangling themselves in the strands of their hair like a speckling of frozen stars.

The clouds were a light grey; fluffy and pillowed low in the sky.

Isen, forever the inner child he was, stuck his tongue out to try and catch some of the frozen crystals on his tongue. Blyke only shook his head and chuckled to himself, amused by the sight of his friend.