Chapter 10

I wake up the next morning to see Caroline still asleep beside me. I quietly get out of bed and walk over to the wall with the security system and press a replay button.

The system pulls up a list of what the cameras saw last night, and it looks like only a bear. Luckily, nothing tried to break in, which would have set off a large alarm.

I disabled the alarm after double checking to make sure there was nothing suspicious last night. I sneaked out of the room and into the kitchen to see what we could make for breakfast. I know that I said I was a terrible cook, but I am amazing at making breakfast, at least my favorite breakfast meal.

I find all of the ingredients in the fridge, or at least most of them. We don't have cinnamon rolls, but I can just make toast instead.

I turned on the stove and the oven, so they could heat up. While they were warming up, I got the bread out of the cupboard and the cheese I had grabbed from the fridge. I quickly put four pieces of cheese toast together and stuck them in the oven. To finish up the breakfast, I was going to make bacon and eggs. The eggs I will have to make after the bacon since they get cold easily.

I was half way done with the bacon when Caroline walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." I said with a large smile before going back to the bacon.

"Good morning. I thought you said you couldn't cook?"

"I can cook somethings." I said while still working on the bacon. Just then the timer for the toast went off and I pulled it out and put it on the counter.

"Do you want me to make the eggs, so it's done quicker?" She asks walking around the bar to the stove.

"Sure. You sleep well?" I ask trying to get rid of the awkward silence.

"Yeah, u?"

"Yeah."

The rest of cooking, which was only a few more minutes, was quiet and we just focused on what we were cooking. When we finished, we set the food at the bar and sat down to eat.

"So, what was this place you were talking about last night?" She asks looking up at me.

"It's a surprise. Do you want to go after breakfast?"

"Sure. Do I just put on a bathing suit?"

"Yeah. I wouldn't get a cover up, you may get it dirty."

"Ok."

Once we both finished eating, we went and got dressed in our bathing suits. My bathing suit was like a black aztec, while hers was blue with jewels going up the top.

(Caroline's is the pictures left one, while Jessica's is the pictures right one.)

"You ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Well then, just follow."

We walk out the front door and start heading around the cabin to the back. I start walking down the hill on that side and I can here her behind me. Were walking for a few minutes when I hear her speak up.

"It's not much further is it? I am getting a little tired of walking through all of the leaves."

"It's not much further. You can probably hear it right now."

--Caroline--

I am so lost on where we're going. I have been trying to figure it out for a while, but I just can't think of what it is. When she said that I could probably hear it, I listened, but all I could hear was the wildlife around us and running water up ahead. Wait, we are in bathing suits. She's probably taking us to a lake or creek. I love the water and have always loved to go swimming in the lake in the spring.

--Jessica--

I knew Caroline was thinking hard on where we were going, but she wouldn't be doing that for much longer. Up ahead, there is about a 20 foot waterfall that has the perfect view. It also has a small pond at the bottom that is so pretty and fun to swim in. Wait, I forgot there's a ledge on the side also where you can jump in. It is my favorite place to go when I just need to get away. The only way to get there is go jump off the ledge and land in the water below. It's pretty scary the first couple of times, but you get used to it and have a lot of fun.

"Ok, we're here." I say looking at the small creek that goes into the giant waterfall.

"Wow, it's so pretty." Caroline says in response.

"Yeah it is. Now it's time to head down there. You're not scared of heights are you?"

"No. Why?"

"We have to jump."

"Wow wow wow. We have to jump from up here to down there?"

"Yes. I'll jump first if you promise you will jump down after me. It's deep enough and I've done it tons of times."

"Ok. Just let me watch you go first."

"One. Two. Three." I say and jump. I hit the water a few seconds later and plummet down. I start kicking my legs and pop up about ten seconds later. "Your turn." I yell up to Caroline who's looking over the edge down at me. I am slowly drifting down the stream because of how strong the current is, but I'm trying to stay close to the same spot so she can see me. I can tell she's very hesitant, then she jumps.