THREE: Training Camp

We all stepped out of a portal, splitting up. Shigaraki was looking for one of the U.A kids, wanting him to join the group. He had a whole plan set out.

I, along with a clone of Dabi created by Twice, headed towards the base where the kids were staying, going to check the place out. We knew most of the students were in the forest, doing some sort of group activity.

I went invisible and snuck inside, taking a quick look around all the rooms. Most were empty, except for one classroom where two teachers - one of those being Aizawa - and six students were in.

"There's some other students back at their base," I tell Dabi after going back outside. "Two teachers as well. It's probably best not to alert them of what's going on outside, it'll be easier on us to attack only when they try to leave. Our main goal is to keep them separated, don't let them group up with the ones we're after"

"You sure have this all thought out," Dabi says.

"Most of it was Shigaraki, keeping the students separated from the few teachers there are. But it is easier when there aren't professionals in the way"

I sat down on the roof of the base, just above the entranceway, waiting for someone to come out. The Dabi clone remained on the ground, going to be the first to attack whoever stepped out.

"I don't like bringing all these kids into this," I mumble to myself.

"You gotta recruit them young," Dabi told me.

"Yeah, but, hero kids?"

"The one Shigaraki's after doesn't seem like much of a hero"

He went quiet, moving more towards the shadows as the fire in the forest started to grow. I watched Aizawa run out of the building, looking up over the trees at the black smoke from the fire the real Dabi was starting. Then Dabi's clone quietly moved to Aizawa's side, surprising him.

"Looks like your concern has you distracted, Eraser," Dabi said, his hand out and ablaze. "You pros oughta lay off. We haven't come here for any of you so just stay out of our way"

The fire grew, surrounding Aizawa in a big blue explosion. I brought my arms up in front of my face to block the heat. When I moved my arms away I found Aizawa holding onto the roof, he had jumped out of the way of the fire, but he still didn't see me.

He had his quirk active, keeping the clone from using his quirk. I didn't make myself visible just yet. He threw his scarf at the clone then tackled him to the ground, breaking one of his arms as he asked him some questions.

"Mr. Aizawa!" A student with glasses called out.

"Stay back," Aizawa ordered.

Dabi got out from under Aizawa, still wrapped up in the scarf, but he had a smirk on his face. "That's exactly the performance I'd expect out of a U.A teacher. Tell me, hero, you worried for your students?"

Aizawa tried tightening the scarf but it only went through Dabi's body, his body now turning to clay and vanishing. Aizawa ran off past the students and I flew after him, knowing it was my turn to fight.

I lost him for a bit in the forest, he was fast, but eventually I spotted him again. This time he was running back towards the base, a kid in his arms. I almost wanted to let him go, get the kid to safety, but I knew if word got back to Shigaraki that I let him go, he'd be even more suspicious of me.

I dropped down, making myself visible, cutting Aizawa off from his path. He skidded to a stop, making sure to keep a distance between us. He set the kid down on his feet.

"You know the way back?" Aizawa asked the kid, not taking his eyes off of me.

"I-I think"

"Run"