EIGHT: The Meeting

"Sorry I'm late!" I exclaimed as I burst into the meeting room.

A bunch of pro heroes had been asked here today, as well as the police and some of the students from U.A who were doing their work studies. I was obviously running late, getting there while they were in the middle of the explanation on what was going on. All the heroes were sitting around a large table, staring at me.

"Where were you?" Sir Nighteye demands.

"I didn't sleep in or anything," I state, knowing that was probably everyone's first guess as to what made me late.

"Then what were you doing?"

I made my way around the table towards the front of the room by the screen showing some images. "Stuff"

He glared at me and I stopped at the front, taking over the floor. Everyone was silent, waiting for me to explain myself. I took a deep breath before I did.

"I had to make a quick pit stop on my way here. There were signs of the League of Villains nearby, so I couldn't just leave it alone. I guess old habits die hard"

"What did you find?"

"Well, not the League, that's for sure"

I made myself invisible as I got closer to the evil I sensed, listening in to what was going on. It was hard to hear, but I could see clear as day some Villains. They had a hostage, someone tied up to a chair, knocked out.

The hostage looked to have gills, and blue skin. But as the villains injected them with something in a needle, it slowly vanished. His skin slowly changed from its blue colour to the normal peach of human, and his gills flattened and soon became completely invisible.

"Wow, it actually worked. Didn't think it would take effect so soon," one of the villains says. "Hassaikai really wasn't holding back. I can't believe they gave them out for free"

I was shocked at what I saw. Something that completely destroyed someone's quirk, a physical quirk at that.

I fell through the roof window I had been watching from, tackling one of the villains. His friend looked around in surprise, about to run, but I knocked him out before he could get anywhere.

I alerted the police of the villains, putting the cover back on the needle and shoving it in my pocket before picking up the victim. I rushed him to the nearest hospital, only to learn I didn't need to rush. It was already too late. He was fine, but he had lost his quirk.

"Yeah, so I spent most of the time taking someone to the hospital. Sorry about that. But I got this," I pulled out the needle, showing it to them. "You've probably all heard about this, a quirk destroying drug"

"We were just discussing it before you interrupted," Nighteye mentions.

"Yeah, sorry again. But this drug is spreading, it's shown up out of nowhere, and it seems to be everywhere in the shadows. And it comes from the Hassaikai"

"You have evidence?"

"Not physical, but I used my quirk. One of the guys I took out mentioned the Hassaikai before I knocked them out. It's the best I got"

"And it was the truth?"

"If it were a lie I wouldn't have mentioned it, it would be unimportant"

He nodded then focused back on the group. I made my way around the table to the one empty seat, sitting down between Aizawa and Gran Turino.

"Their young head, Chisaki, quirk Overhaul. With this power he can disassemble things and then reassemble them. A quirk that allows him to completely break down matter, and a bullet that can break down quirks. Chisaki has a daughter named Eri, there are no details or records about her birth. But when Mirio and Midoriya encountered her, they noticed there were bandages wrapped around her arms and legs"