14

The sun shown brightly in the sky while the animals wildly ran around the forest. Several seasons had passed since the defeat of Naraku and thus the destruction of the future Inuyasha plot, but Kikyo did not care, not one bit. Because she was happy.

Once Kikyo was healed after her 'encounter' with Naraku, Sesshomaru asked for her permission to court her and she graciously accepted with a smile, and so their courting began. And now Kikyo and Sesshomaru were getting married.

The wedding was a small affair with only a select few attending, such as Kaede, Inuyaha and Sesshomaru's mother, who had to Kikyo's surprise accepted her as a future daughter in law. The Wedding of Sesshomaru and Kikyo was held on the 7th of July, the same day as the Tanabata* festival.

The wedding ceremony began with an adjusted version of a purification ritual. The guests offered Kikyo and Sesshomaru good luck prayers for their marriage while the trusted Miko poured sake into three cups and handed them to the couple who had each taken three sips from each cup.

Sesshomaru read words of commitment that he had prepared beforehand, causing Kikyo to slightly blush in her shiromuku*. Kikyo did a similar speech as the wedding rings were exchange. The miko and Kaede preformed a Kagura* dance, and the ceremony ended with an offering of tamagushi* and everyone having some sake.

After seeing everyone off, Sesshomaru and Kikyo set off for their honeymoon in the city of Fukuoka. There they spent the next two weeks together before heading back to the Western Lands and for Kikyo to get used to the duties that come with marrying the Lord of the Western Lands.

Of course there was many yokai who protested Sesshomaru's marriage to Kikyo but they were swiftly silence. One does not threaten or injure the wife of Lord Sesshomaru and expect to come out alive. One lucky yokai managed to cause a permanent scar on Kikyo's right hand.

The shikon no tama was still guarded by Kikyo, and it would be burned with her, upon her death. Kikyo had no illusions that she would eventually die and leave Sesshomaru behind. But she refused to use the shikon no tama for her selfish wish to have more time with him. So with an iron resolve Kikyo chose to cherish her time with Sesshomaru.

As time went by Sesshomaru and Kikyo had Five children, a pair of triplets boys and a pair of female twins.

The first born son was named Katsumi, a carbon copy of his father with the exception of his personality and dog ears at the top of his white hair. The second born son was named Rin, a carbon copy of his mother with his fathers personality. The third and last son was named Minato, a perfect mixture of his parents with his aunties personality.

The fourth child and the first born daughter was named Chikako, she had her mothers long black hair and her fathers markings and eye colour. The last child and the second daughter was named Himari, she was identical to her twin sister except she had a quieter personality. All in all, Sesshomaru and Kikyo loved their children.

But as fate would have it, time moved rapidly. Kikyo watched as her children grew into respectable young adults that put the other yokai in their place, whenever their 'half-breed' status was mention. Sesshomaru would even allow himself to have a peaceful conversation with Inuyasha, exchanging stories about their late father.

And Kikyo would tell him, her most guarded secret as she lay dying in her bed at the ripe old age of sixty three. With a sad, pained smile Sesshomaru would comb his hand through Kikyo's hair, staying with her until she passed on to the next world. As per her wishes the shikon no tama was burned with Kikyo's body.