Chapter 9

Athena Pov

"Hello, Athena." Shego said with a devious smirk. "Shego," I said back full venom in my voice as I said her name. "What are you doing here?" I asked her. "You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it is not allowed to evolve? There is only one path to peace... that is you're extinction." Shego said ready for a fight. "Remy, go. I got this and I'll try to find you and the others." I told Remy taking off all of my gear to end this once and for all. "Be careful babygirl, I love you." He told me kissing the top of my head. "Always am babe, I love you too." I told him before he took off to find the others. "Aw that was sweet, but I hate sweet." Shego told me as she came toward me trying to punch me.

                                                   (Letty is Athena and Riley is Shego)

* 30 Minutes Later

"Only love can save this world. So I stay, I fight, and I give. This is my mission now. Forever." I said as she laid lifeless and breathing heavily on the floor. As I gather all of my stuff and put it back on taking off to get to the others. As I turned down a corner I ran into Logan. "I know that look, Athena. Have you been fighting again?" Logan asked me with a chuckle as he saw the cuts and bruises on my face.

"You know me way to well Logan, and yes I did get into a fight with Shego luckily I won the fight. Anyways we need to get to the others quick or were all going down with the building." I told him and he nodded his head in a agreement and we both took off to find the others. Once we got to them Logan told them that we have to get out of here before we all end up trapped in the bunker and die. As he was telling the that I turned my head to look for Remy but I could not find him which made me nervous and panic.

"Guys where's Remy?" I asked them with tears in my eyes but they had no clue where he was either. We all heard someone running down the hall and turned our attention to Remy. I let out a breath of relief thanking the gods that he was ok. I ran towards him and hugged him and grabbed his face checking for any cuts or bruises on his face.

"I'm fine baby girl, I had to take another route to get here because of the flood. We have to get out of here. Now!" Remy said as he kissed my forehead while hugging me then turned to the others telling them it is not safe to be in the bunker. "Gambits right, we need to get out of here. There is a tunnel that goes right under the spillway. Stryker has a helicopter there." Logan said as he agreed with Remy.

"No. Magneto's reversed Cerebro. It's not targeting mutants anymore." Jean said as she has her hand on the door concentrating. "So who is it targeting now?" Logan asked. "Everyone else. The Professor's still inside. He's being manipulated by a mutant." Jean said as she was still focusing even though she was beaten. Suddenly, the entire complex was rocked by the sound of the dam falling apart. All of the kids looked nervous, as the Dark Cerebro's humming got louder. "Kurt." I said. "Yes?" Nightcrawler asked me. "You have to get Jean in there. Now!" I said as Jean nodded her head in agreement. "Jean." Cyclops said. "I told you. It's too dangerous. If I can't see where I'm going, I..." Nightcrawler started to say but was interrupted by Cyclops.

"Jean, NO!" Cyclops said as Logan looks at Jean very closely as he noticed something odd about her. I noticed it as well the way she was staring ahead at nothing in particular. "I have to. There's no time." Jean said. "Wait a second." I said as I was walking towards her, as I eye her suspiciously. Grabbing her by the shoulders. Looking deep into her eyes. "What's wrong?" Storm asked. "She's blind." Cyclops stated as Storm stared at Jean in agony. She turned to the kids than to the X-Men and stared at Nightcrawler.

"But Miss Storm." Nightcrawler said as we all looked at Storm and by the look on her face. We knew there wasn't going to be a debate. "Get to the helicopter." Storm told Cyclops as he nodded in understanding. Nightcrawler wrapped his arms around Storm and closed his eyes. "You have five minutes before Gambit, Athena, and I come in after you." Logan told Storm as Remy and I nodded in agreement. "Our Father who art in Heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth..." Nightcrawler started whispering and then Storm and Nightcrawler were gone in a puff of smoke.

20 minutes later*

"Athena you should be with the others. Logan and I will be fine and we will help Storm and the blue guy with Professor X." Remy told me as he hugged and kissed me.

"Just promise me that you will come back to me Remy

"Just promise me that you will come back to me Remy." I said as I laid my forehead against his. "I'd go to hell and back for you. This I promise to come back to you safe and sound. I love you baby girl." Remy said and kissed my forehead before him and Logan took off to help Storm and Nightcrawler.

"We should head to the helicopter. Now." I said as I helped Scott with Jean to get to the helipad as we lead the kids there. As soon as we got there it was gone. As we were waiting we all were getting blasted by the snowy wind which did not feel good at all. As we were waiting we heard someone come towards us and saw that it was Storm and Nightcrawler emerging from the tunnel behind them was Remy and Logan carrying Professor X. "Logan?" Storm asked as he walked past her with his jaw-dropping.

"Magneto." Logan said with a snarl in his voice as he turned his attention towards Stryker's body being wrapped around with a steel chain, especially around his throat. All of a sudden his attention was on the woods. "What's wrong?" Scott asked him as we all noticed clumps of snow fall from the branches. A faint rumble and the sound of snapping wood echoed in the distance but it got louder. "Run." Logan said to all of us. "What is that?" Nightcrawler asked Logan. "Alkali Lake. All of it." I said as I realized that it was coming towards us.