"It's okay. Everything will be okay soon," he smiled one last time. The girl let out an ear piercing scream. She dropped hard on her knees and clenched her chest as she felt her heart drop and skip a couple of beats.

He did it. Her brother, Wang Zi Chen, smiled one last time before leaning back and falling of the building letting out a disturbing thud. She could hear the commotion outside from the window from the bodyguards who found him. She was physically in pain as if she was the one who jumped. She hit her chest weakly while screaming alerting the bodyguards outside. Mr. Xu rushed to her side to calm her as the others looked out the open window with tears in their eyes. She screamed and grieved knowing that her brother was gone.

"Xiao Hui!" She heard the people behind her enter call then halt as the thudding of their footsteps ceased.

"Oh no. God please no. Oh!" Mr. Han cried out in agony before stumbling back with the other maids trying to calm him and themselves down. She cried out and thrashed in Mr. Xu's arms hitting her burning chest that was about to explode.

"X-xiao Yin, stop hurting yourself," her best friend, Hua Ze Lei said she he kneeled down in front of her with tears falling from his eyes. He grabbed her fists preventing her from hurting herself any further. "Xiao Yin you need to breathe and calm down," he begged as he felt her irregular pulse from her wrists. She kept on crying and screaming until her heart could no longer take it.

"Xiao Hui!"

[2 weeks later]

"Do you want water?" Mr. Han asked the girl just stared at the plain white wall in front of her as she sat on her hospital bed. He had finally gotten food in her system this week although he has to open her mouth, that had refused to open the past couple of days, himself and put the spoon of food in. She had been like this for the past month and she had lost almost half of her weight.

Mr. Han sighed as he helped her move further down the bed. He placed his hand behind her neck and gently pushed her down into a laying position. She turned her head to the opposite side closing her eyes void of any emotion.

After her brother took his own life, she fainted and found herself in the hospital with a thin wire taped to her chest. The girl had always had a weak heart since birth and no surgery or treatment had been able to cure her. The night she fainted, her heart stopped for a brief moment before weakly beating again 5 minutes later. A battery was placed inside her chest to help her heart beat regularly, but it was only a temporary solution since it could worsen her condition if it stayed in for too long.

Mr. Han and the boys were all mourning, but they knew who took it the worst. The girl who always wore a toothy grin never talked after the incident. Her best friends would visit her after school to make her talk again but she wouldn't even spare then a glance. They knew she was breaking apart inside but had to be composed so that her heart wouldn't worsen. They watched her helplessly and patiently everyday for the time to come when she would let them in again.

[2 months later]

She stood in front of her friends at the airport as they were about to bid their farewells before she would enter her plane.

A month ago she started acknowledging the people around her realizing that it would do no good to keep shut them out. With the help of her four friends, she slowly started eating regularly, although in small portions, and smile occasionally. Although a month had passed, her heart was no better both literally and figuratively. Her mental health has also barely improved as she always hid it behind a crooked smile. They held a funeral for Zi Chen which she couldn't attend as her doctor was afraid that she couldn't handle it.

Hey family's company had been managed by her brother's right hand and best friend, Su Yang Di. It was stable for now but they had experienced a huge loss from their partners who lost hope when the CEO killed himself. This was the reason why she had to go to Norway where the main headquarters of their company was at. She had to be trained for the business world as she would eventually have to take over their company. She also had to live in New York for a while first where she hoped to get better with the best cardiologist treating her.

Daoming Si sighed as he fixed her coat around her tightly and rearranged her scarf around her neck. "Are you warm enough?" The usually aggressive 20 year old said softly. The girl only nodded before pulling him in a hug. She heard him exhale and snuggle his head against hers. "Come back to us soon okay?" He whispered receiving a nod from the girl. He pulled away kissing the top of her head before moving aside for the next one to say their goodbye.

Kissing or pecking the girl's head was normal to the four because they had done this gesture since they were in nappies. Daoming Si's sister actually taught them that it was not gross but simply an act of affection towards the younger girl. It became second nature to them whenever they met up or said see you later. In this case, they all hoped it wouldn't be goodbye.

Her hair was ruffled up by Xi Men who had glossy eyes. "Xiao Hui," he started pulling her into a hug of his own. "All I want is for you to come back home healthy, hm?" He said pulling away from the girl who responded with a sad smile. He kissed her head just like Ah Si had done before standing next to him who nose was red.

Mei Zuo stood in front of her next while placing a locket on her palm. She opened the locket revealing a photo of the five of them eating ice cream when they she was 6 getting more on their faces than their mouth. "Thank you, Ge," she said softly pulling it on. She hugged him as he reminded her to not forget about them in a teasing manner after placing a kiss on her temple

She was now faced with Lei who stared into space with a blank look. She walked over to stand a foot from him and opening her arms wide. She knew that this was the hardest for him since Jing had already left. He didn't want to lose another one.

Lei's eyes faltered to look into hers before stepping forward to hold her in his arms. "I'm sorry," she whispered. Lei sighed closing his eyes as he brought a hand to the back of her head. "Just promise me you'll come back," he said.

"I promise."

After a few tears and promises, the eighteen year old waved at her friends one last time before turning around to board her plane. She didn't dare look back knowing that she might breakdown if she did. This was the first time the five of them would be apart for the past 16 years. It was going to be hard adjusting to the situation that they were put in but they had to remind themselves that it was for the best and hold on to the promises they said.