The entire court fell silent, with only the solitary pair of hands cheering them on. Nobody knew how to react... what to say. Iwaizumi watched Hanamaki bite his lower lip and closed his eyes shut to stop himself from crying. And when he did that, almost everyone started shedding tears... for the amazing captain who now watched on the sidelines.

Iwaizumi didn't cry. He walked towards Oikawa, knelt in front of him and wiped his tears away. "I love you." Oikawa whispered, "Thank you for doing this." Iwaizumi smiled, eyes never leaving Oikawa's face, "As long as you're happy."

They stayed like that until the other members were calm enough to walk to him and gave him a resounding "Arigatou, buchou!" Bowing their heads so low. Aiko's phone rang and both Oikawa and Iwaizumi knew what that phonecall meant. They have to go.

Oikawa let his eyes wander around the familiar court--his home for the happiest years of his student life. This was where he met this team... This family . "Thank you guys, for doing this for me." He said, forcing out the words out of his mouth even when they sound hoarse and raspy, "You have no idea how much I wanted to go back here... to see this place and play volleyball with you..." a deep breath, "For one last time."

Hanamaki was crying again, and this time he didn't try to hide it. "I might not be able... to come back here after today." He smiled, "But I will always... always treasure every memories I've had in the four corners of this court."

Nobody said a word, everyone just sort of stood there, afraid to break the moment. Iwaizumi stepped in, "I guess, we have to go, guys. But really, thank you for doing this." He didn't wait for them to respond as both he and Aiko began wheeling Oikawa out the court... only to stop when Kindaichi yelled out "Captain!"

Iwaizumi stopped and turned Oikawa around to face them again. All of them were wearing a smile and suddenly they were high school students again... young, unafraid and wanted nothing else but to get into nationals.

"We trust in you!"

---

"You know... I could give you guys some time before we go back to the hospital." Aiko said that as the three of them walked some more around the campus.

Oikawa smiled at her, "You would?"

"Would that be safe?" Iwaizumi asked. Aiko winked at them, "As long as it won't be too long. I'm sure I could make some excuses."

She didn't have to wait for Iwaizumi to respond, they parked the wheelchair and the portable oxygen by the bench across the football field where some gingko trees were growing in full bloom.

Iwaizumi sat beside Oikawa, "Do you feel okay?"

"I feel even better. Like... I'm actually be cured tomorrow." Oikawa giggled as Iwaizumi rolled his eyes, "Come on, I'm serious."

"So am I!" Oikawa countered, turning towards the empty football field. The sun was almost setting and everything was washed by a golden orange light. It reminded him of those days when the two of them would walk together home.

"It's really beautiful."

"What?"

"Our school." Oikawa said, "I never regretted coming here... besides, we have like the prettiest uniforms."

"You really have a shitty personality, don't you?" Iwaizumi shook his head but he was laughing at the same time.

Oikawa joined in, although his laugh sounds different now because it was hard for him to do the usual one without running out of breath. Still, it sounded beautiful. When he stopped, he gave Iwaizumi a meaningful look, "So... about my last wish."

"What? I thought this was it?"

"Well, I never really thought you'd be able to pull this off so I made a Wish B just in case."

"But I did pull it off so there's no need for that, right?"

"Why not? I can have as many wishes as I can."

"It's called a last wish for a reason, dummy." Iwaizumi shook his head, "But yeah... fine. Tell me. You better make sure it doesn't involve kittens or any forms of animals."

Oikawa pouted "Why do you hate animals? They are so cute."

"I just don't like them, okay?" Iwaizumi snapped, "Now, are you telling me your wish or not?"

Oikawa stuck his tongue out at him because even with his sickness and obvious weakness, there was just no limit to his childishness. "I won't say it because I wrote it."

"Fine, gimme it."

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"You're not allowed to find out."

"How can I do it if you won't tell me?"

"You'll know when it's time."

Iwaizumi gaped at him, "When it's time? What do you mean?!"

Oikawa didn't answer him that afternoon, nor the next few days that he bugged him about it. What was 'when it's time'? He didn't understand. He soon did . After three months.