Part 2

For the next three days, Iwaizumi stood by the door, watching Oikawa. For the next three days, he'll desperately wish Oikawa would just as much as turn to him... but all the machines connected in his body wasn't allowing him to.

Besides, with all the drugs being pumped in his body, he had to be so weak to even lift a finger.

On the fourth day, at the lobby of the hospital, Iwaizumi saw Aiko who once again gave him a polite smile. He nodded at her, saying a quiet 'Good morning.' And was about to leave when she called him up.

"Ano... Iwaizumi-san."

He stopped in his tracks and looked back. This was the first time Aiko had called him. He didn't even know she knew his name. She came up to him, face red and so shy, "Umm... can we talk for a bit?"

Iwaizumi merely stared at him for a few moments before he snapped back in reality and nodded, "Uh, sure."

They went to the hospital garden which didn't have so many people. Just a few patients out on their morning stroll. Iwaizumi used to take Oikawa out here when he's feeling better but that was a few months ago.

Aiko chose a small, slightly isolated bench far away from where they entered. She sat nervously on the bench as Iwaizumi stood a few feet away from her, hands in his pocket.

"I... I'm sorry about this." Aiko started looking down at her fingers, "I just... I just want you to know... how I...well, really, how all of other nurses think your... love for Oikawa-san is admirable and brave."

Okay, he didn't expect that . He blinked at Aiko who was looking at him now, a small smile on her lips. "Love?" He asked and she frowned a bit.

"Yes. You are in love with him, aren't you?" She asked, "I mean... you never missed a day without seeing him. Even if you couldn't."

"I don't..." He paused and shook his head. Love? Was he in love with Oikawa? That bratty little kid? That insufferable, annoying guy? He didn't know what to say... he just stared at Aiko, as these realizations hit him and he felt like he was drowning.

Somehow, the expression he was making worried Aiko, "Wait, so you and Oikawa-san are not..."

"We're..." he hesitated but said "I'm..."

Aiko's eyes widened when she realized her mistake, "I am sorry. I just thought that when Oikawa-san told me before he loves you so much that you two would be..."

"Wait, what?"

"Eh?"

"What did Oikawa tell you?"

She frowned, not really understanding, "...that he loves you? Surely, you knew."

He felt his face heat up... and he looked away, embarrassed. He stared up at the hospital building right in front of them as Aiko rambled on. He was searching for a particular window... one where he and Oikawa would spend countless of hours looking out at people in the garden. Oikawa would blanche at the romance of it all, watching sick people talk with their loved ones. Iwaizumi mostly considered it plain creepy.

That was when Oikawa was strong enough to get up from bed. When he wasn't confined in the hospital bed with dozens of machines whirring him awake all the time.

Iwaizumi didn't know when Aiko stopped talking, but she eventually did. And when she nudged his arm, he bit back a surprised remark. "Iwaizumi-san? Are you okay?"

"Uh... yeah."

Aiko smiled, "Good. I'm sure Oikawa-san would be happy to see you today."

"I can see him today?"

"Yeah. We just took him out of the ventilator last night. He's still weak... but he's awake."