She Saved Me (Viktor Krum x fem!reader)

Viktor Krum never imagined he would return to Hogwarts. After the Tri-Wizard Tournament, when he was bewitched, Viktor never wanted to return to Hogwarts. Still, when the world was hanging on by a mere thread, action had to be taken. That was how he found himself back at the wizard school, facing off against dozens upon dozens of Death Eaters. He honestly took on too many and that was how he found himself in the situation he was in.

A few of the Death Eaters preferred to torture their victims before killing them. Viktor was ended up being one of those victims. He could feel himself growing weaker by the second. But suddenly, it all stopped. In a flash of blue and a rush of words Viktor recognized instantly. His own spell, but different somehow. It was clear the witch casting the spell was not from Viktor's country. The accent was off and the spell had most definitely been altered somehow, but it was his spell.

The Death Eaters were gone and then so was the witch. Viktor's brows furrowed, but he had no time to even contemplate going after her. First, he had no idea who she was or even what she looked like. All he had seen was a bit of blue. Second, there were more Death Eaters closing in. They needed to be dealt with first.

*short time skip*

Viktor let out an exasperated breath as the battle finally ended. It was over. He could return home and the world would be a safer place. He bid Harry Potter and his friends farewell before leaving Hogwarts once more, hopefully for good. He was unaware of a pair of (e/c) eyes watching him, but he would never forget the witch who had saved him. He only hoped that one day he would be able to thank her properly.

A few years passed. Viktor continued to play Quidditch and develop spells. He lived his life grateful to still have one. In the back of his mind, however, he couldn't shake away the image of that witch. Something about her voice told Viktor that he had at least met her before. He only wished he could have seen her clearly.

"What is it about this girl?" Harry Potter had asked him once. He was in Bulgaria to watch his wife play with the Harpies against Viktor's team. "She saved me. I just want to thank her," Viktor replied, hoping he was speaking clearly enough. Harry often had a problem understanding him in the past. Harry had simply arched a brow and fell silent, leaving Viktor alone with his thoughts. It wasn't until a few weeks later, and Ron and Hermione's wedding, that Viktor realized why Harry was smiling at him the way he was.

Viktor was standing outside the reception to get some air when he heard Harry behind him. "Viktor, I'd like you to meet Y/F/N. I think she may be the one you've been looking for." Viktor's jaw dropped slightly as you stuttered out a greeting in his native tongue. You looked positively shy, nervous, and adorable all at once, but your voice was unmistakable. And Viktor had indeed met you before. When he was at Hogwarts the first time. You had helped him in the library and had been just as shy back then.

"It is you," Viktor said in greeting. You finally met his gaze, head tilted in confusion. "You saved me. All those years ago. It was you." You smiled slightly as your head tilted down again so you were looking at your shoes. Viktor carefully reached out and cupped your chin, encouraging you to look up at him again. "Do I frighten you?" he asked. He had been working on his English for just this moment. He wanted you to understand him when he expressed his gratitude. You immediately shook your head.

"N-No. I'm not afraid." Viktor nodded a bit and silence fell between you for a few moments. It was as if the wedding reception taking place in the tents behind you wasn't even there. "Thank you." You blinked in surprise. "For what?" you asked. Viktor carefully rolled up his sleeve to reveal a scar. "For saving my life. This? It could have been much worse."

"Oh. I-I-It was nothing. I couldn't let you die. Not the great Viktor Krum," you announced with a flourish of your hands and a small smile, making Viktor chuckle. You stared up at him in slight awe. Not the awe of an overwhelmed fan of his, but the awe of someone who had met their soulmate for the first time. Viktor couldn't tell if he was sharing that same feeling or if he was merely grateful for your help. But Viktor Krum never ran away from anything and he wasn't going to flee from the stirring in his heart and stomach.

"Would you care to dance?" he asked, obviously taking you by surprise when you gasped a little. "Uh, sure." Your hands were shaking a bit as Viktor wrapped his arm around you, pulling you just a little closer. Viktor found that he couldn't look away from your face as you danced together. He was mesmerized by how someone who was seemingly so shy and reserved had also had enough courage to save a man you barely knew.

The dance ended and Viktor placed a barely there kiss to the back of your hand, his dark eyes riveted on your (e/c) ones. You smiled at him. The butterflies in his stomach kicked up tenfold. He felt like he might be sick, his stomach felt so fluttery. "Thank you for the dance," you said softly. Viktor grinned.

"You do not need to thank me for that," he started and then, thinking it was now or never, he continued, "Perhaps...Perhaps you would care to join me for dinner sometime?" Your eyes widened almost comically. "You want to have dinner with me?" Viktor nodded. He couldn't fight the silly grin on his face when you agreed.

"Wonderful!" he exclaimed in his native language before saying in English, "Perhaps you could tell me how you managed to modify my spell?" You laughed at that. You spent the rest of the night talking, switching between your two languages. As the night wound down, Viktor realized that he hadn't felt as comfortable and at home in a long time. He could get used to that, if you were willing. The very thought made Viktor smile.