Caught(Harry Potter x fem!Snape reader)

“Your father’s going to kill me,” Harry muttered as the two of you followed after your father to his classroom. He had just caught you and your secret boyfriend making out in the prefects lavatory. You scoffed and shook your head. “No he won’t. He just wants to scare you.” Your father turned back, his black hair falling off his shoulder. “She is correct, Potter. If I kill you, I would have to explain to the headmaster why. That is not a conversation worth having. Now, come along.”

“Yes, Professor Snape.” That’s right. Your father was none other than Professor Severus Snape. He had a adopted you when you were a baby, shortly after Voldemort killed your parents. No one really knew what had possessed him to do so, but you were grateful. However, he was the most over protective parent in the entire world. And here you were, dating the boy he hated more than any other in the entire school.

You entered the DADA classroom with Harry close behind. While Harry wasn’t really afraid of your father, he didn’t want to risk any of his wrath. Your father closed the door and swept to the front of the classroom. “Dad-“ you began, only to be cut off by the look he gave you. You hated that look. It was the look of disappointment. He turned to dark gaze to Harry.

“That’s 50 points from Gryffindor for being out of bed after curfew, Potter.” Harry’s jaw dropped open. “50?!” You reached over and grabbed his hand. If he made a scene now, your father would take more points. “Shall I take more?” your father sneered and Harry shook his head. You father continued, “And 60 from (y/h), Y/N. As my daughter, you know better.” You glanced down at the floor. It could be worse…and it would be.

“Furthermore, you will no longer be seeing Potter outside of classes.” At that, Harry wrenched his hand from yours and nearly exploded. You put your hands on his chest and pushed him from the room. Then you whirled on your father. “You can’t be serious. I’m 16, Dad. I can make my own decisions and I want to be with Harry!”

“Do not raise your voice to me, Y/N. I am attempting to speak to you like an adult. I would appreciate the same respect. I am your father and Potter is just like his father. He is arrogant and self-centered. A waste of potential. I won’t let him hurt you.” You felt your shoulders droop. You knew he had your best interest at heart. He always had.

“So…I have to break up with Harry?” Your father looked at you without responding. In his eyes, you saw the emotions he never portrayed to his students. “Daddy, I don’t want to. H-He’s really sweet and kind. He makes me laugh.” Once again, he said nothing for a moment. Then he sighed. “Y/N, you don’t know how dangerous being with him is. I am trying to protect you.” You scoffed lightly, but nodded anyway. “Fine. Thank you for doing what you think is right,” you said as you opened the door again, “And for ruining my life!” With that, you stomped from the room and slammed the door behind you.

Harry was waiting just outside. “Any luck?” You shook your head and watched his expression fall. “Don’t worry, Harry. I get that my dad is only trying to protect me, but I don’t care. I know you’d never hurt me so I’m going to keep seeing you as long as you’ll let me.” Harry gave you that smile that made you weak in the knees. He pressed a kiss to your forehead. “Come on. Let’s get back to our dorms before your dad deducts more points.”

*time skip*

You sighed happily has you leaned against Harry. You were sitting outside Hagrid’s hut, enjoying the temporary peace it brought. Harry was being unusually quiet, but you didn’t think much of it. He’d had a lot on his plate with Voldemort being back and his sudden proficiency in Potions now that Slughorn was teaching. He shifted beside you, making you sit up again.

“Alright, what is with you?” you asked. Harry looked at you and then away, almost as if he were embarrassed. “Ginny kissed me!” he suddenly cried. You blinked in surprise. “Ginny Weasley?” Harry nodded. You merely hummed in response. “I, uh, I didn’t push her away.” You stared at him for a minute, not believing what you were hearing.

“Why are you telling me this? Do you want to be with her?” Harry shook his head. “No. Of course not. I thought you should know the truth. I’m sorry, Y/N.” You felt tears pricking your eyes. “I see,” you replied before sniffling, “I think I should go. I have somethings to think about.” You got up and slowly began your trek back up to the castle.

“Y/N, wait! Please!” You ignored him at kept walking. You couldn’t face him right now. After everything you’d been through, you didn’t understand how he could do that to you. Your father had been right and now you had no idea where you stood in your relationship with the famous Harry Potter. You needed advice and there was only one person you trusted. You had to see your father, whether he said “I told you so” or not and whether he got mad at you for disobeying him or not.

You were crying and didn’t hear the footsteps behind you. You didn’t stop walking until you felt someone grab your arm. “Y/N,” he whispered. You turned to face him. “Can’t you see I need to be alone right now, Harry? Y-You hurt me. I told my dad you wouldn’t and you did.” Harry looked guiltily down at the floor. “I know and I’m sorry. I don’t know why I didn’t stop her. I just know that I felt horrible after. I really like you, Y/N. Whatever it takes for you to forgive me, I’ll do it. Just please give me a chance.”

You looked into his green eyes. You’d always been good at reading people. “One chance, Harry Potter. That is all. If you hurt me again I swear you’ll be famous for being the man who pissed off Snape’s daughter.” Harry chuckled at that. “If your temper is anything like your father’s, I don’t want to find out.” You wrapped your arms around him and breathed in his scent. You didn’t care if your father caught you again, You just wanted to stay in that moment forever.