Soon they were pressed against each other, Brody’s body pressed down against Nate’s as close as they could be. Tingles bounced through Brody’s skin at every place where Nate’s skin touched his. Brody could unconsciously feel his mate connection to Nate strengthening and becoming more tangible with every moment that they were this close. He felt like he could reach out and touch the strong connection between them, it’s power that strong. His heart felt complete, even in the midst of all the uncertainty. Nate was certain. Nate was here with him and that was all that mattered right now.

Nate’s strong hands gripped at every part of Brody that he could reach with a sense of urgency and desperation. Brody could feel how much Nate needed him in that moment. Nate’s eyes were rimmed in the brightest gold that Brody had ever seen when their gazes met. He was captivated by them. He wondered if his own eyes were displaying that same quality. By the way Nate was staring into his green eyes, he assumed so.

Then Nate’s mouth was tracing the lines of his neck with soft, needy kisses that made Brody’s breath catch in his throat. He had to remind himself to breath. The skin of their chests were completely against each other and the tingles became stronger every moment.

Suddenly they were rolling and a laugh left Brody’s throat at the unexpected move. Nate smiled down at him adoringly but the passion was still in his eyes like an unyielding hunger.

Brody pulled Nate down to him and allowed his own hands to search Nate’s body. Brody caught Nate’s lips in a passionate kiss but then he felt a warm droplet hit the skin of his cheek. He opened his eyes and was surprised to see that the golden rings around Nate’s eyes were gone and tear stained eyes were left in it’s place.

‘Nate?’ he said worriedly, unsure what to do.

Nate moved so that he was pressed against Brody’s side, their faces close together. He didn’t need to say anything, Brody knew it all just from the look on his face. Nate was scared. More scared than he had admitted. He didn’t know what thought had passed through Nate’s mind to make him suddenly change like this but he knew it was about today. Maybe Nate had the same thought that Brody did only a little while earlier about them being torn apart while they kicked and screamed against the hold someone had on them and crying out for each other.

Nate threaded his hand into Brody’s slowly, their fingers intertwining. ‘I lov-’

Brody quickly pressed the index finger of his free hand to Nate’s lips, silencing him. Nate looked at his mate with a bewildered expression.

‘What?’ Nate asked, his eyes still teary, as Brody pulled his finger away.

Brody’s fingers caressed Nate’s cheek sweetly as he spoke, ‘Don’t say that you love me for the first time because you’re scared,’ Brody whispered. ‘Don’t say it because you think that it will be the last time, your last chance. Tell me that you love me when you know that you have a lifetime of moments to say it but you just can’t wait, tell me because you can’t hold it in, not because of fear.’

Nate’s glassy eyes closed for a moment, and he nodded slowly.

Brody pressed a soft kiss to Nate’s forehead, something that he had never done before, and hoped that Nate could tell that it meant that he loved him too. He loved him more than words but today wasn’t the time. Today they couldn’t do something because they were scared. That included saying their first I love you’s and having sex the first time too. He realised that now and he knew he couldn’t let what they were doing before go any further just in case.

Brody rolled off of the bed, leaving Nate staring after him. He glanced at the clock, ‘I’m going to have a shower, then you can and we can go off to breakfast,’ he told him and Nate nodded.