purple

THIS ONE IS SOO LONG BUT SOOO WORTH IT!

The awkwardness had blown over quickly between the trio as if the Princess and her knight had forgotten what had happened the night before. But they both knew they had not. They remembered it vividly, because what nearly happened is what they each wanted to happen very badly. But, things had not worked out that way. Link wanted to apologize for being frustrated at the Korok and somewhat taking it out on her. Zelda wanted to apologize for making the situation awkward. But neither did, just knew that the other regretted their actions. They were journeying with horses in a hilly field a bit of a ways away from Rito village.

"Hmm... we should play a game!" Zelda requested. Sidon smiled a pointy grin at the Princess.

"That sounds fun! Link, can you think of any games?" He asked.

"Uhh... rag doll rolling, sand sealing, walking in on Paya shirtless-" He said, counting what he used to do on his journeys on his fingers.

"What?!" Zelda and Sidon chorused, looking at Link like he was a maniac.

"Well, sorryy! It was funny and I didn't have much to do for my long quest. 10 points if she blushes so hard she turns purple!"

"That's utterly disrespectful!" Zelda retorted, looking at Link, disgusted. Link smirked cheekily.

"I think she enjoyed it." Link winked and Zelda laughed heartily. Link felt a sudden rush of dopamine. He loved making her laugh. "Anyway, maybe we should try shield surfing! We can have our horses follow us and there's a hill right up ahead. Come on, hop off!" Link said, leaping off Epona and taking Zelda's hand. He bridal carried her off of her horse, placing her on the ground with a smile creeping across his lips. Zelda blushed furiously as Sidon hopped off of his horse with a grunt. Link tossed Zelda a knight's shield and Sidon a Zora shield. He pulled out his Triforce shield and stood on it.

"Wow Link, these are heavy! How many do you carry?!"

"About twenty."

"I- Wow!" Zelda choked on her own words at the shock of Link's strength.

"Including weapons. Anyways, just stay balanced, lock your feet in the handle of the shield, and..."

"But Link, I've never done this bef-AAHH!" Zelda screamed as Link smacked Epona's rear end, with a hyah, causing all the horses to follow the trio as Link gently pushed Zelda and Sidon down the hill. Zelda had her eyes closed, feeling the crisp wind in her hair. She opened her eyes to see trees and grass speeding past her. She held her arms out and her screams of fear turned to screams of happiness. "W-woohoo!" Zelda laughed as she slid down the hill. Link chuckled at the sight of her. He looked over at Sidon, who was struggling massively.

"Link- Link! I'm gonna fa-AHHH!!" Sidon's slippery fins slipped out of the shield's handle and he rolled down the hill clumsily, landing in a heap at the bottom, rubbing the fin atop his head and groaning. Zelda jumped up and caught the shield from beneath her at the bottom of the hill. Link's eyes widened, not only surprised that she was good at shield surfing in general, but she had gotten the hang of a trick that took Link weeks to learn on her first try. She cheered and laughed. She hadn't been this happy in a long time. The sight of her being happy made Link grin from pointy ear to pointy ear.

Epona, Zelda's horse, and a wild horse that Sidon had tamed stopped and neighed, Link patting their manes and feeding them an apple each. Zelda sighed a sigh of relief, her perfect golden hair seemingly untouched, even after all the wind. Link smiled at her warmly. She made her way over to Link and Sidon.

"Are you alright, Sidon?" Zelda asked sympathetically.

"Yeah, better than ever..." Sidon said, struggling up and dusting his scaly legs.