Chapter 4 - We Meet... Again?

Your POV

The sun's rays shine down through little openings in the trees and the songbirds are heard overhead.
I walk through the garden, and unlock the small fence gate to step out. Gently shutting it, I allow myself to enjoy the beautiful scenery before proceeding onwards.

"Hmhmhm..."

I hum a tune from my childhood as I make my way down that same path that I walked last night, feeling for the map in my pocket, reassuring myself that I have at least some guidance.
My basket swings freely by my motion.

I've been walking for a few minutes now, and without realizing it, I've already made it to the town's entrance. Reaching into my pocket and pulling out my map, I orient myself to where I need to go.

I bite my lip as I focus on the map.
Head straight... then turn left... walk for a bit... then turn right....

"Going somewhere?"

I jump at the sudden voice, quickly turning my head to the right.
"Oh my goodness, Snufkin... you scared me!"

I let out a breathe, relieving myself of the sudden fear.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to... uh.."
He awkwardly laughs it off as he scratches the back of his head.

I notice his laid-back outfit, and damp, slightly curly hair. I feel myself begin to blush, but turn away before he could notice.

Snufkin eyes you curiously.

"I'm... um... headed towards this shop."
I point the marked place on your map, avoiding eye contact.

I feel Snufkin move closer from behind me, looking at the map. He brings his face close to my own, close enough for me to see faint brown freckles over his cheeks and nose. My face is now flushed with a bright crimson.

"What a surprise, I'm going there too."
He smiles gently to himself, leaning back from the page.

I can feel his stare on me as I continue to gaze at the map.

"I guess then the only reasonable thing to do is to go together."
I manage to blurt out. I instantly feel the whiplash from making such a embarrassing comment.

Am I purposefully making this more difficult for myself?

I attempt to cool my face off as Snufkin fixes his hat.

"I agree. Come along, then."

He steps ahead of me before turning to face me.

I look up from the map and see him, as charming as ever. He wears a smile that could break hearts in a matter of seconds.

My heart skips a beat as the silence between us is filled with a gentle summer breeze. I put my map away, and nod dumbfoundedly at him.

"Mm."
I quietly answer.

He studies my face and nods before turning to face the road ahead.
"Just follow me."

Time Skip

The two of us arrive at the entrance of the cozy little shop. The walls are covered in ivy, with lots of hanging wildflowers hooked above the windows. The wooden-engraved sign at the entrance reads, Henri's One-Stop Shop.