Chapter 7 - The Dinner: Part 2

Y/N'S POV

Best experienced if listening to lively fiddle music :)

Julie and I arrive promptly at the tall, blue-bricked home with a rather conspicuous red roof. The Moomin residence was decorated with flower garlands, twinkling fairy lights, and many, many candles. Getting there was a breeze, Julie and I chatted about our past, what we were going to have for dinner tomorrow, and how much fun we're going to have tonight. It's a good thing Julie was there to guide me, as I most certainly would've gotten lost and arrived once the party was finally over. A hand drawn wooden sign poked out from the grass, pointing towards a glowing candle pathway that leads to their backyard, with laughter and gentle fiddle music emanating from that direction.

Julie and I smile to each other, before heading down the glowing path.

'Dear god, I hope he's not here yet...'

As we approach the end of the path, a wooden archway covered in blooming moonflowers hang overhead. The merry sight of the guests standing and chatting fills my heart with comfort and happiness. I quickly scan the yard, searching for any sign of Snufkin. I sigh in relief, knowing he hasn't arrived yet.

"Hello, my dears!"

Moominmamma calls out to us, stepping out from the house holding a steaming hot Shepard's pie. She quickly sets it down on the long, oak dining table that is covered in beautiful linen napkins, fancy glasses, and an embroidered table runner covered in flowers and songbirds.

She runs over to Julie and I, hugging each of us. She is wearing a pastel pink apron, with a beautiful magnolia flower crown.

Hugging her back, I see Little My and Moomintroll in fancy clothing and flower crowns running to Julie and I, eager to greet us as well.

"Y/n! Julie!" They happily call out.

Moominmamma lets us go, but I am once more being hugged by my two friends. Stumbling a bit at their impact, I laugh and hug them tightly back.

"We missed you!"

"Your dress is beautiful, y/n!"

"Thank you guys, I missed you too!" I say, now feeling more comfortable and relaxed.

They proceed to bombard Julie with compliments and questions about her job, and if she's come up with any interesting new tonics or potions.

"Ah, I see you've come with your own flower crown!" Moominmamma says to me, now holding a basket full of woven flower crowns, each unique in their own way.

"I did! I came prepared I suppose!" I laugh, but point towards Julie, who isn't wearing one.

Moominmamma crowns her with one woven with yellow carnations, as Julie gives her our wine bottle present.

"Come on in! The dinner is going to begin soon, just give me a few more minutes. I had to redo a dish because these two troublemakers distracted me..." she jokingly scolds Little My and Moomintroll.

"I know a lot of people are eager to meet you, so come on in!"

Julie and I step further into the yard, and we immediately spread out.