The girl showed a small sign of sincerity until she realized what he was trying to do. "You know what you can do?" She said, strictly.

"Please, what is it?" Draco said, still playing with her.

"You can get the fuck out of my way so I can enjoy my food without having to look at you." She snarled. She knew what he was doing and she was not going to be fooled by him again.

The girl pushed past him and sat by herself at the end of the table, placing food onto her tray. She sat there in hopes that nobody would sit next to her. Unlucky enough for her, Draco was relentless that day and placed his tray right next to hers.

At first, she only noticed a pale white hand with a slytherin ring on it. When she looked up, she saw him standing over her with an apologetic look on his face and, for a split second, she made it seem as if she were going to forgive him. With the welcoming look she gave him, the boy sat down next to her. With that motion, Kiernan stood up, threw her food in the trash, glared at the boy, and made her way to the slytherin common room to read.

It seemed as if the girl could not get away from Draco to save her own life. Of course, he followed her into the common room and he looked desperate. He sat down next to her on the couch that was placed directly in front of the fireplace.

"Please, Draco, tell me what I can do to get the fuck away from you! What do you want?" The girl was frustrated at this point.

"In all honesty, I want you to forgive me. I promise, I will not spread rumors like that again, just... forgive me." Draco was desperate, but the girl didn't know why.

"I will, under one condition." She was demanding. "You have to tell me what you meant when you called my mother the Hogwarts whore."

Draco was embarrassed and his cheeks turned red. "Well, there was a rumor that your mother was dating another man here at Hogwarts at the same time she was involved with your dad in the muggle world. There were more than a few occasions where she had been seen with different boys around the castle, hence the nickname."

She was absolutely shocked; Kiernan didn't want to think of her mother as someone who would be unfaithful. "Does that mean that my father might not actually be my father?" Her heart skipped a beat. "My mother got pregnant with me when she was 18. She had just barely left Hogwarts."

"Well, I'm not sure about that. I could ask around if you want." He said; the boy wished he hadn't inflicted another wound upon her.

Tears lined the girl's eyes and a single tear fell down her warm brown skin. "No, that's okay. I will figure it out. Thanks for telling me." She tried to finish her sentence quickly and leave the room.

The girl tried to stand up and walk away, but Draco grabbed her hand; this time, it wasn't in an aggressive manner. He pulled the girl towards him and wiped the tear from her cheek. The two made direct eye contact and stayed that way for nearly a minute, their bodies almost pressed against each other.

"You can't keep doing this every time I cry." The girl stood there, still in his embrace.

"Then maybe you should cry less. This situation seems oddly familiar, don't you think?" Draco smiled, caressing the girl's lower lip with his thumb; oddly enough, she seemed very comfortable with that.

"Well, what should we do now?" The girl said, completely flustered beneath his touch.

The boy didn't waste any more time and pulled her in for a kiss. The kiss was gentle and intimate; it was something that they hadn't experienced together. The last time they had kissed, it was rough and filled with lust. But, this was something different. Draco didn't want to hold back anymore and neither did Kiernan. She was completely there with him and didn't think of what consequences there might be for falling for an emotionally unavailable guy. She wasn't experiencing that side of him; this side was kind and warm, which was something she had never understood before.

Their kiss was short lived as another slytherin entered the common room and made their way up the stone steps to the dorms.

"That was..." Draco said, at a loss for words.

"Yeah, it was." Kiernan said, knowing exactly what he meant. "I am not feeling well, I am going up to my dorm now."

The girl rushed to her room and laid down in her bed. Although she was terrified at the thought of her father not being her actual father, she couldn't stop thinking about that kiss.

As the girl pondered what she could do in regards to her father, Ember laid cuddled up to the her chest and purred like she was trying to comfort her as Kiernan wept.

The day went by quickly for Kiernan; she skipped her tutoring session with Ophelia because she could not handle anymore human interaction for the day. She knew that her friends were waiting for her, but she couldn't bring herself to get out of bed; it was an impossible task.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

THE NEXT MORNING... everyone was woken up bright and early for visiting day. This was the day in which all the student's parents would come to visit their children and see how their classes are going. Kiernan did not expect anyone to come, of course, but she was still not looking forward to all the adult attention.

The girl walked to the dining room when she noticed a familiar face waiting for her next to Dumbeldore.

Kiernan's face turned white. "W-what are you doing here?" The girl had an absolute terror wave over her, as she was stricken with fear.

Why did everything have to be so hard for Kiernan? All she ever wanted was to feel the warmth of someone's love and whatever it was that stood in her way of that, it needed to be stopped once and for all. But how?

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────